how do u remove reflections on a glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denn23

Dec 22, 2003
i have taken a pic of a car.. but there are like reflections on the windscreen.. waht are my options to remove it?

thanks.
dennis

Well, for a start, you can try using a polarizer.

Rotate it till the reflections are gone.

SNAG said:

hmm. i think he meant that he already has a pic with glass reflections and wanna remove it. :)

maybe it would help if you post the photo here to show us the degree of reflection.

SNAG said:

wats a polarizer?

guys.. this may sound stupid.. i cant find the attachement button!!

denn23 said:
guys.. this may sound stupid.. i cant find the attachement button!!

You need to hotlink the picture. There is no attachment button.

coke21 said:
You need to hotlink the picture. There is no attachment button.

oh.. no wonder i could find it.

In photoshop afaik, you can't really remove reflections easily (the reverse would be easy tho)

one way is to slowly paint over, another way is to adjust curves to reduce the effect of glares from glass, so it looks more "plastic", less reflective.
You would haf to use a mask to prevent the effect from spillin to other parts of the car tho'.

cWc said:
In photoshop afaik, you can't really remove reflections easily (the reverse would be easy tho)

one way is to slowly paint over, another way is to adjust curves to reduce the effect of glares from glass, so it looks more "plastic", less reflective.
You would haf to use a mask to prevent the effect from spillin to other parts of the car tho'.

adjust curves? mask? err.. how?

btw, im STILL trying to link up the pic.. so it will be a while..

refelction.jpg

err.. help?

yes very hard. Actually depends what you want also lar. If in this case, you want to see some of the interior of the car, then not way. Certain software or PS plug-in does help in selecting reflection, or hair etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.