How do u keep your lens & cam dust free???

Status
Not open for further replies.
blive said:
No lah, it's not a stupid question, you asked with the right intention, and its a valid question.

Just reading a book from the library "Extreme Digital Photography" by Jonathan Chester. In the book, taking photos in the dessert is a problem, as the sand can get in, so the way is not to change lens, so carry 1 body with wide angle, 1 body with short telephoto, and 1 with long telephotos, .... That way, if you don't change lens, you will minimise the sand going in. Also have to do regular cleaning daily.

mmh, bring a few cam bodies does help lah, but i think only to a certain extent. i brought my old cam to the sydney beaches before for a few times, and till this day i can still see the fine sands in my lens! and i didn't even change lens, just did some shots only. :(

Artosoft said:
How to change or charging the battery? Solar panel?

Hahaha...
Arto.

External battery lor...wired extension that is rubber and silicon sealed and then power by expternal battery pack. Battery got dirty also no worries mah....dirty battery pack does not effect CCD performance and dust can not be conducted by wires. heheh..
\
Oh...better buy the 18-200mm!! So you have the most vesatile lens ever!....less likely to change lens now.

1911 said:
mmh, bring a few cam bodies does help lah, but i think only to a certain extent. i brought my old cam to the sydney beaches before for a few times, and till this day i can still see the fine sands in my lens! and i didn't even change lens, just did some shots only. :(

They could well be salt crystal from sea water heheheh.....that is even worst!

Status
Not open for further replies.