How can I learn how to use SB-900?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umeiko

Apr 27, 2007
Hi,

I just bought SB-900 but so overwhelmed with the features in it.

Will be glad if I can receive on advices on when and how to use the different modes, eg. Auto-Aperture.

Will be great if you can refer me to some references. Thanks in advance.

got menu right? best is explore and see menu, then u will remember.

got menu right? best is explore and see menu, then u will remember.

I had not been clear in my post. :p I know how to maneuver in the menu and between the options.

I would like to understand when is it recommended to use Auto-Aperture and when to use the Repeat mode, etc.

Going thru the enclosed MANUAL is a good start - unless you are like the rest of the macho man who swear off manuals.

I don't read manuals. I find fiddling with the equipment will get you most accustomed to it. Then go and shoot with it in all the different modes. Experience will take over after that.

The SB900 type of flash is like a Swiss Knife, have everything that you will possibility need and make it easy for you. You can read through the manual and try to remember all the features and how to activate them, but utimately is still when will you need it. Suggest you read through those books or sites on Flash Photography. Think of what you need to achieve, then think back/refer to the manual of which Flash feature can help you on it in a short cut way, than to struggle with the Manual, and try to understand what each function can do for you.

There can be 1000 colours available to an artist, but which one to use, it all depend on what the artist want to draw.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.