How can I improve these night shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adelynn88

May 6, 2006
I'm a newbie in night photography, here are some of my shots. Greatly appreciate it if you can enlighten me on how to improve my shots. Images all taken with Canon 350D.

#1 Mid-autumn at Chinatown
4.jpg
[/IMG]

#2 Mid-autumn at Chinatown
5.jpg

#3 Night scene
6.jpg
[/IMG]

#4 Fireworks at recent SFF
7.jpg
[/IMG]

Thank a lot!:)

Again, too many shots posted in CC.

Honestly, there are many references already to compare. Also, sharpness is not there in your pictures. Tripod might be required in your future shoots. Or at least a more stable one.

your first three compositions look rather messy, as if you were trying to get everything in frame. the last one doesn't work at all. the composition attempts to balance the fireworks but they are not balanced so it looks messy too.

1. If wait for some vehicles to pass by for some light trails might make the pic less static and lopsided.
2. Nothing much to say except there is a bright wavy light in the midst of darkness. Perhaps a much much tighter crop of part of the dragon (maybe just one 'V') to reveal the details for a more graphic shot? :dunno:
3. Too much darkness at the top. How about superimposing with #4?
4. Fireworks not fantastic enough to stand on their own without other subject interest.

4. if you need to capture good fireworks, get a tripod and put it in a long exposure, maybe about 10 secs, or more...

Thanks for all your comments. ya i should only post one pic only...just realised that.
I did not focus properly for the first shot, will take note next time. And its a good idea to superimpose the fireworks onto the otherwise boring sky.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.