Hope (Philippines)

thanks for the inspiring pics.... a really good eye opener...
had u created a FB page or something abt this? i think it will reach a lot of people ;)

thanks for the inspiring pics.... a really good eye opener...
had u created a FB page or something abt this? i think it will reach a lot of people ;)

Hmmmm yeah i think so too but we are using Flickr as our main tool to generate donations and spnosorship for these kids.
So far response is good from flickr. Thanks for the kind comments bro!

Galing mo sir! Idol! I hope i could join you someday or i could do the same. Mabuhay ka sir!

Galing mo sir! Idol! I hope i could join you someday or i could do the same. Mabuhay ka sir!

Hi Wolfbomb,

Thank you for your comments. Just doing a small part for this world. I believe 1 day u can do the same too.

Aroma compound, Tondo, Manila

5974434187_3f4df062d6.jpg

The temporary housing called Aroma. The housing is particularly famous for its distinct smell. It comprises of many deserted warehouses ‘transformed’ by the Philippine government into so-called livable housing units.

This is a make shift house inside of the compound itself.

This is how i play

5955333030_3c29eb8339_z.jpg

For most Parents living in the first world, will buy
new toys for their kids which are clean and free of germs.
These kids living in Ulingan do not have such luxury.

Jerry is one of my favorite kid in Ulingan. He was bringing me walking around Ulingan when he found this mask. Without hesitation, he took the mask up and put it on his face and asked me to take a photo of it.

This mask has been step on and muddy all over but to them its normal. Most of the toys these kids have are mostly
found among the rubbish.

Would you let your kids play with rubbish?

I had look thru from the 1st post till the last post. Look at every pics. All I can see is a great work of arts done with great passion from the heart. Excellence shots. 

It is touching....& every photo tell a story. Keep up yr good works.
Cheers

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
make me feel so lucky to have a job, to study in school and to stay at home.
nice series...your eagle eyes make tears on my eyes

I had look thru from the 1st post till the last post. Look at every pics. All I can see is a great work of arts done with great passion from the heart. Excellence shots. 

Thank you Icegarcia. Really appreciate your comments. Have a Nice week ahead. Keep shooting!

It is touching....& every photo tell a story. Keep up yr good works.
Cheers

Thanks Nihao11! Yes if possible i will start travelling soon as soon as i am able to free myself from work.
Miss those kids there.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
make me feel so lucky to have a job, to study in school and to stay at home.
nice series...your eagle eyes make tears on my eyes

Thanks Tuwinkk. Just be contented with what we have.
Enjoy your week and keep shooting!

The Boy with no Name

6029561462_e049cdb00e_z.jpg

Till now, i have no clue what his name is. I asked him on several occasions but he refuses to answer me. Hope one day he will open up to me.

For pple who wish to make a contribution, kindly email me @ sktan@depthofeel.com or PM me.
The NGO we support there in Philippines is called "Kids ministries".

Last edited:
Angeline, We will pray for you all.

6195089829_6b53279523_z.jpg

After seeing Thomas latest post. It just hit me in the face on how much damage was done by Typhoon Nesat.
Recently i haven't been posting lately due to personal reasons that affected me but I decided i had to pluck myself together and do something n dedicate something for them. It took me awhile to pick up my mouse and focus on the feeling i had to produce this photo. This is dedicated to the people in Ulingan, Tondo.This photo was taken around the same time last year during the storm. I know how it feels like to be pounded by heavy rain n wind. I will pray for their safety and well being. (Best view in Enlarge mode with black border)

For those who wish to make a contribution you may contact Mio cade.

Here is an extract from Mio Cade
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ramdiboy/6193802348/

When I contacted Gina, mother of 5 kids, all she told me was "Tom. everything is gone"

I briefly talked to my children Jerry, Vincent and Jerome but due to their limitation in understanding the command of English language, they could only uttered "How are you, papa?"

But that is enough for me to know they are alright.

The children and parents are now taking shelter at the church/community hall that we build last year.

I told them to stay as long as they want while we figure out how to help them as their houses were washed away by the waves.

Please pray for all the 20,000 residents in Smokey Mountain, especially the children.

Pray for our Charcoal children as their houses were washed away by the waves and flood.

1. Jema, 7, girl (house destroyed)
2. Jerry, 11, boy (house destroyed)
3. Jenard, 7, boy (house destroyed)
4. Allen, 13, boy (house washed away to the sea)
5. Teddy Jnr, (or Bebe) 10, boy (house washed away to the sea)
6. Vincent (or Bunso), 9, boy (house washed away to the sea)
7. Joshua, 11, boy(house washed away to the sea)
8. Princess Julia (or Dida), 5, girl (house washed away to the sea)
9. Jerome, 13, boy (house barely intact)
10. Aaron, 11, boy (house barely intact)
11. Bernard (or Dodong), 12, boy (house uprooted and vanished)
12. Ephraim, 11, boy (house barely intact)
13. Lester, 8, boy (house barely intact)
14. Jhondexter, 13, boy (house barely intact)
15, Dinalo, 11, boy (status unknown)
16. John Mark, 11, boy (status unknown)
17. Ricky, 10, boy (status unknown)

We are going to help them to rebuild their houses. All donations are welcome.

The children now have no shirt and food. We are trying our best to activate emergency funds to feed them.

Thank for all the helps and prayers.

Last edited:
Not for the Weak Hearted. Do not Scroll down if you can't handle images of Death.

Life and Death

6286435634_3dca43fef9_z.jpg

The boys life hangs in a balance. This boy was involve in an accident. I saw a private ambulance attending to him. They bandage him and treated him but when i least expect it they threw him back by the road side to wait for the public ambulance to pick him up. I was shock. This boy was going into Shock and the hand shake portrays him struggling to stay alive.

I probe my Indian colleagues why they did that, they say it is very troublesome for them to send the boy to the hospital. They will have to make a police report, write a report, attend court using unpaid leave (where 1 day of salary means a lot to them) and it may not just end there. My Indian colleague advise me not to help as i am a foreigner and i will have to fly in and out to settle this case which will be costly to me n my job. He said the locals will handle it. Till today I never knew what happen to the boy as i flew home the very next day.

Life means a lot to many of us, Some choose to end it prematurely, some wanna live longer while some are left with no choice. This year i had a few encounter with death of a few kinds. First was Yuan yuan who ended her life prematurely when she has so much ahead of her.
Than came my cousin who pass away from heart attack at such a young age, leaving behind 2 young daughters. Than now my dad is fighting a losing battle against Cancer. All he want is to live longer. Now i can only pray for him to go without pain.

Life is really unpredictable. Enjoy life and live a meaningful life and God bless you all!
Stay happy always. I will try my best to stay happy! Will try to post when ever i have time.

Last edited:
powerful images, how do i volunteer like you? please pm me?

Your shots are downright BRILLIANT. So, are you ready to be a photo journalist? ;p

Your shots are downright BRILLIANT. So, are you ready to be a photo journalist? ;p

Thank you for your comment. Hmmmm, you looking for photo journalist? :)