Hope In A Sea Of Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesW

Aug 26, 2006
Singapore
Hi guys,
I chose this title due to the fact that I everyday wear green and I'm sick of people ask me to do stupid things. The flower or lotus in the picture symbolises hope, something beautiful and to look forward to, complete in a sea of insignificance. The bud in the right can only envision to become like the lotus in the days to come. :lovegrin:

I feel that quite alot of elements are missing. I've not taken photography for long. Still learning metering and the basics stuff.

Shot taken handheld, laid prone as my tripod could not go any lower. Pics originally in RAW, converted to jpeg for easier loading. Thanks in advance! :)

DSC_00390003.jpg

Looking at the photos, I can see that the flower is the main object; however, to me, it doesnt stand out enough and the background still annoying. I think the background is not blur enough. It's not in focus (like those taken with normal digital camera, everything's clear) and not blur enough to create depth. Besides, the photo is a bit bright i think.

I think it would have been better if you lowered the camera (lower than you did for that photo) so that you can achieve better blury effect of the background. Hope the pond is large enough

But I like the lotus, very interesting. I have never seen such lotus like that

Thank you for taking the time to give me some advice. :)

I'd love to go lower for the shot but for this particular shot that was the lowest I can go (lying on my stomach). Are there any other way w/o doing a post processiong, in order to achieve a better depth of focus?

TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.