Hong Kong Camera Gears Shopping Guide 2012

TS, ygdragon.net no longer available perhaps can remove it in ur 1st page
Thanks for the info. Instead of removing the link, I have put a note next to the link just in case it comes back online later.

buzzmario said:
hi, going to hk in june. any good place to get nikon 35mm, 1.8g? any web site to check the price in HK?

thanks

It was about S$290 when I was in HK last Dec.

CS TAN

Sep 3, 2007
Hong Kong
The original shopping guide and the related information is located in http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/consumers-corner/635497-hong-kong-camera-gears-shopping-guide.html

Please refer to the thread's first 2 pages for the HK Shopping Guide Information.

It has been more than two years since I have created this thread. I am glad to see that the information provided here is continuing to help fellow CSers in preparing their HK visits. I would continue to provide answers as best as I can in this new thread. Please continue to share your HK shopping experience here.

In the future, I will use these first two posts to provide new updates.

Last edited:
---------------------- RESERVED for editing. ---------------------------------------

does anyone know whether hk has a camera forum? just like clubsnap for singapore!? wondering if pple in hk are selling their cameras online too! will be there for summer school soon!

First of all, thanks for the TS. This thread is really helpful.

I just want to ask reagarding Kenko Pro 300, for some reason I could not get any price out of normal link that TS refer to. May I know whether they sell Kenko Pro converter there? thank you :)

First of all, thanks for the TS. This thread is really helpful.

I just want to ask reagarding Kenko Pro 300, for some reason I could not get any price out of normal link that TS refer to. May I know whether they sell Kenko Pro converter there? thank you :)
Most camera stores will carry this converter. I don't think it is being listed anywhere other than perhaps tincheungcamera.com.hk

Maybe you should get a rough idea how much it is selling in SG before coming over so you can make a decision on whether to get it in HK?

does anyone know whether hk has a camera forum? just like clubsnap for singapore!? wondering if pple in hk are selling their cameras online too! will be there for summer school soon!
Yes, HK does have similar forums. You can take a look at:

DCHome.net

Is there any place to get cheap & good video tripod? Like the famous china brand weifeng 717 tripod cheaply?
and also some 15mm rail items..

Is there any place to get cheap & good video tripod? Like the famous china brand weifeng 717 tripod cheaply?
and also some 15mm rail items..
Not quite sure about video tripod as I am not into it. But my guess will be ShamShuiPo Apliu Street. There are quite a few camera accessories shops that sell China brand tripod and lighting equipment.

It was about S$290 when I was in HK last Dec.

Went to Cathay Photo (Marina Square) last weekend and was quoted $300 for this lens so would get locally if I were u.

CS,
regarding buying Leica M9, is it a good deal to buy from HK? thks

Not too sure about SG price since I have been away for almost 2 years. Perhaps you can check this website to do a price comparison:

Leica M9

The best place to start is

香港格價網 Price.com.hk

and look for gray sets if you do not intend to claim warranty from Canon HK since most of the current batch of EF lenses from Canon will only have local warranty.

hi i go to the link and key in' Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8', no result. i am looking to buy Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, care to tell how to check the price for this in HK? alos any one know if tokina warranty is international?
thanks

Hi, I will be visiting Hongkong in mid of Apr. Planning to buy my first DSLR - nikon D3100/D5100...Have got mixed advices on buying the camera from HK as most of the shops would give local warranty and not international one. Being an amatuer in DSLR - This local warranty has raised doubts on buying the cam in HK..

Looking for suggestions from the experts over here in the Forum ::

(1) Should I go for it to buy in HK ?
(2) D3100 or D5100 - which one is better for an amatuer?

Thanks

buzzmario said:
hi i go to the link and key in' Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8', no result. i am looking to buy Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, care to tell how to check the price for this in HK? alos any one know if tokina warranty is international?
thanks

http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=114113

buzzmario said:
thanks

Tokina offical Hong Kong comes with 3 years Hong Kong warranty and 2 years international warranty. You need both to claim international warranty with the receipt.

buzzmario said:
thanks, the price next to it have a chinese word 'shui' , it mean the price is base on water good? thanks

Yes. It is grey set and the shop provide shop warranty instead. Generally if there is no international warranty for it, it might be worth buying the grey sets. Buy your stuffs during the first day of your trip and test it throughout the trip and change it if there is issue.

Yes. It is grey set and the shop provide shop warranty instead. Generally if there is no international warranty for it, it might be worth buying the grey sets. Buy your stuffs during the first day of your trip and test it throughout the trip and change it if there is issue.

anyway in the link to check the price of a hk local set not a grey set. would like to have the 2 year internation warranty for the tokina lens. thnaks