Hiya =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if ur lens move while ur zooming, optical is being used. but u have to be careful that its not digital zooming, as BOTH optical AND digital zoom can be used at the same time. u can check ur camera manual, and u should.
if ur model is LZ-2, ur cam has 6X optical and 4X digital zoom. optical zoom is using lens to get a faraway object seems closer. a digital zoom, is something like using a picture viewer and just enlarging the picture on the PC. as said above, optical zoom is defintely better.

Mine only has 3x optical zoom =) Just went to search. And I don't have the camera manual with me. The camera is 'stolen' from my mom. Another reason why I want to get a new camera. I like the feeling of having my own~

ohhh ic ic. then ur camera has 3X optical and 4X digital zoom.
unfortunately, i dun think ur camera has manual exposure settings. which means most probably u cant adjust shutter speed or aperture. same with ISO. to prevent noise, try to take the picture in bright areas. such as sunny day. indoor usually will have insufficient light (even tho it seems to be bright to our eyes), causing blurry pics. 1 solution is try not to use full zoom. if zooming is a must, use lesser zoom :)
u mentioned that u are interested in photography. if u are really interested and want to learn and advance, u might like to look for a camera that has manual exposure functions.

Okay...thanks :D Do you have any recommendations? Currently, I'm looking into a budget of $500, but I suppose if it goes over abit it wouldn't matter :sweat: Will it be good to get Panasonic again?

yeah, the feeling of ownership is good, no doubt :)
i would recommend canon. they have a good choice of cameras that has manual exposure functions that is useful for u to learn as u shoot. plus it is user friendly too, altho canon might not come with an optical image stabilizer like ur FX-2 has.

Okay^^ Will try to research on Canons :D Sad there aren't usually prices on net. Suppose only the Powershot series? Canon PowerShot SD450 Digital ELPH a good choice? Price a little :bigeyes: though.

A series seems almost the same as the SD series...I think I will just save up abit longer for the SD series. Do you think it's more worth my money that way?

Redstone: Oh! I didn't know that. Haha. I don't have the manual with me :( I think my mom has thrown it in some dusty old cupboard or something already :cry: trying to figure everything out my experimentation. Unfortunately, there is only so much you can find out through experiments...thanks for that piece of info! :D

if u are serious about learning photography, i believe that the A series will be more useful. the SD series is the more compact series right? if the SD series is smaller and more expensive, u r paying for the "compactness", not for the image quality of the photos and its functions :)
btw, i also believe that the A series has more functions

Okay...thanks for your help! :D I think I would have bought Panasonic again if not for your help^^ and then regret after a few times use...haha.

dont bother with digital zoom. might as well crop it out on computer and then enlarge it...

how about a canon S2IS? or S3IS? seems great!

next step is the DSLR!!! :p

Panasnoics FZ-5 is a good starter too as it has a wide zoom range and OIS. Just beware gthat panasonic has crappy noise control. Other thatn that the optics are top-notch.

zcwnfx: Yeah, those seem nice as well, but I'm working within a budget so... :( DSLR is :bigeyes: Not only is it exceeding 10000000x my budget, I also don't know how to control it :cry: like the chinese saying, '大材小用', literally meaning 'big talent small use'. It will be like using an iMac to play habbo or something :cry:

raptor84: Yes, Panasonic is nice! but the noise... :( been taking pictures with noise like that for the past...year? Yeah, year. Very sad, several of actually nice pictures turned out crappy. And when I don't take 'backups' its really sad. Miss out on alot of nice memories to keep

if u feel that DSLR can help u learn, why not?
u may not know how to use a DSLR now, but thats bound to change if u are interested in photog. this hobby is a lifelong learning process :)

I used my lc-33 for the second half of 2005 to take my animal portraits. As a comapct it served its purpose very well although it was only good at ISO 100 or 200 :D

there is this casio camera that i quite like. the exilim series...

might consider that? but i think its a bit steep too. :p

DSLR where got ex? its the stuff u will buy after getting it that is exp...

also after u buy D70s, u want a D200, after that a D2Xs, then soon.... :devil:

when ppl talk about DSLR being expensive, generally, i think they mean the body+lens.
aiyoo why u talking about d70s, d200 and d2x/d2xs every thread -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.