Hiya =)


Status
Not open for further replies.

impaction

New Member
Jun 24, 2006
36
0
0
#1
Hey peeps^^ Found this forum some time ago, but didn't get to post. Hee~ Only have a Panasonic Lumix FX-2, but really interested in photography! Taking as much as I can but I'm still studying :( Just saying hello! :D
 

zha

New Member
Feb 24, 2003
339
0
0
Eastside Singapore
Visit site
#4
Welcome...

Actually, its only while you're still studying that you'll have time to go phototaking (for me at least) :bsmilie:

Happy snapping!
 

melvin

Senior Member
Jun 4, 2005
2,681
0
0
43
TPY
#5
Hi!

Welcome to CS! Very nice n interesting place to be!;)

Nice meeting u!;p
 

impaction

New Member
Jun 24, 2006
36
0
0
#6
thanks for the replies^^ makes me feel wanted here. Hee~ yeah I suppose it will be the only time I will be free. Doesn't help for my budget though :( Thinking of getting a new camera soon, around 500-600 kind of budget, around 6mp hopefully^^ should be enough for casual/experimental shooting right? :think:
 

Koelsch

Senior Member
Jan 5, 2006
1,454
0
0
The Land of the Teddy Bear
#7
technically. i don't think megapixels would matter that much unless you're gonna print out. haha anyway welcome aboard. it's a pretty cool forum to hang out and yes it's true, you'll have the most time to shoot when you're studying. shoot at everything and learn from the others pros here. =)
 

impaction

New Member
Jun 24, 2006
36
0
0
#8
Haha, coz i like to zoom in real close...candid ne~ very hard to take when the picture ends up blurry =( so yeah, I think it will help you see. Or would it not? Advice needed~! :cry:
 

Zaknafein

New Member
Oct 29, 2005
1,526
0
0
my room
www.flickr.com
#9
hi, welcome to CS! :)
if u like to zoom in real close, try to use a faster shutter speed. that will help to prevent blurry pics due to handshakes, esp when u zoom far. higher megapixel would not help u with blurry pictures :)
 

impaction

New Member
Jun 24, 2006
36
0
0
#10
Faster shutter speed...? Erm, currently the only shutter settings I can find is a slow shutter, fastest is 1/8. Is that what you mean? I'm using 1/8...but it still is the same =( Also, there seems to be high noise when I zoom in. Is there any way to stop that?

Haha, I've only just started to explore the camera 2 months ago, don't know it too well yet. Sorry if my questions seem like common sense! >.<
 

Zaknafein

New Member
Oct 29, 2005
1,526
0
0
my room
www.flickr.com
#11
does ur camera provide a manual or shutter prioriety mode?
if it does, u can set ur shutter speed to a higher one. for example, 1/50, 1/100, 1/200.
tat will definetely help, becos unless u are using a steady supoort, 1/8 sec is too slow for the human hand :)
hope it helps!
 

impaction

New Member
Jun 24, 2006
36
0
0
#12
well...I've just taken a look at the settings. I think it sets automatically? I can only find the 'slow shutter' option. Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong place? o0
 

J-Chan

Senior Member
Sep 21, 2005
2,361
1
0
#13
impaction said:
Faster shutter speed...? Erm, currently the only shutter settings I can find is a slow shutter, fastest is 1/8. Is that what you mean? I'm using 1/8...but it still is the same =( Also, there seems to be high noise when I zoom in. Is there any way to stop that?

Haha, I've only just started to explore the camera 2 months ago, don't know it too well yet. Sorry if my questions seem like common sense! >.<
1/8 slowest you mean..? fast shutter speeds meaning a smaller fraction, eg. 1/100..
about the noise when you zoom in, think either the cam automatically sets a higher ISO or your using digital zoom.. panasonic doesn't exactly have the best noise control.. can try zooming with your feet ie. walking closer.. hahaa..
 

impaction

New Member
Jun 24, 2006
36
0
0
#14
-.-" feet zooming cannot ar...friends don't like take pics one ma. Go closer they can see me already. And erm, I meant that 1/8 is fastest. i have 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1. ISO...? Erm, I heard of it, read about it, but still don't understand it. Haha. Anyway, I don't think my camera is able to change that, I can't find that word in it. Digital zoom is when you zoom using the zooming ting? Or something else? Does that mean there is another way to zoom? If panasonic isn't good, what do you recommend? :confused:
 

#15
impaction said:
-.-" feet zooming cannot ar...friends don't like take pics one ma. Go closer they can see me already. And erm, I meant that 1/8 is fastest. i have 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1. ISO...? Erm, I heard of it, read about it, but still don't understand it. Haha. Anyway, I don't think my camera is able to change that, I can't find that word in it. Digital zoom is when you zoom using the zooming ting? Or something else? Does that mean there is another way to zoom? If panasonic isn't good, what do you recommend? :confused:
Optical zoom is using the lenses to zoom
Digital zoom is zooming digitally. It uses software to enlarge the image.

Optical is much better. :)
 

Zaknafein

New Member
Oct 29, 2005
1,526
0
0
my room
www.flickr.com
#16
impaction said:
Faster shutter speed...? Erm, currently the only shutter settings I can find is a slow shutter, fastest is 1/8. Is that what you mean? I'm using 1/8...but it still is the same =( Also, there seems to be high noise when I zoom in. Is there any way to stop that?

Haha, I've only just started to explore the camera 2 months ago, don't know it too well yet. Sorry if my questions seem like common sense! >.<
this is how shutter speed works:
1/10 = 1sec divide by 10 = 0.1s
1/100 = 1sec divide by 100 = 0.01s

which means, the bigger the number after the digit 1, the "faster" the shutter.
a 1/200 will mean opening the shutter, also known as exposing", for 1 over 200th of a sec.

if there is only noise when u ZOOM IN, i could be due to a couple of things.
if u are using auto, the camera is helping u to set ur ISO higher so that a faster shutter speed can be used, hence, less prone to handshaky pics.
or, if the pictures turn out clear and not much noise, even when the LCD shows noisy, then its just the LCD, dun worry about it. some LCDs work that way.
 

impaction

New Member
Jun 24, 2006
36
0
0
#18
redstone said:
Optical zoom is using the lenses to zoom
Digital zoom is zooming digitally. It uses software to enlarge the image.

Optical is much better. :)

Oh...okay. learnt something new today :D I think mine is optical? The lens move when I'm zooming. Hahas.
 

impaction

New Member
Jun 24, 2006
36
0
0
#19
Zaknafein said:
this is how shutter speed works:
1/10 = 1sec divide by 10 = 0.1s
1/100 = 1sec divide by 100 = 0.01s

which means, the bigger the number after the digit 1, the "faster" the shutter.
a 1/200 will mean opening the shutter, also known as exposing", for 1 over 200th of a sec.

if there is only noise when u ZOOM IN, i could be due to a couple of things.
if u are using auto, the camera is helping u to set ur ISO higher so that a faster shutter speed can be used, hence, less prone to handshaky pics.
or, if the pictures turn out clear and not much noise, even when the LCD shows noisy, then its just the LCD, dun worry about it. some LCDs work that way.

oh...well it turns out the same on computer :cry: so I don't think is the LCD problem. Is there any way to fix that?
 

impaction

New Member
Jun 24, 2006
36
0
0
#20
Zaknafein said:
hey pal, i tried to help u by finding ur model of the cam, but i cant find FX-2
issit lumix LZ-2?
Sorry, used to calling it FX2. It's actually DMC-FX2, if it makes a difference. Find it a tad long to remember :embrass:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom