Hi to all photo friends, also needs advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of the guy who was in the local news recently (Singapore). He would rent a floor space from building owners then without their knowledge, he would partition the floor space into smaller units and rent them out at good discounts to upsuspecting individuals who only find out they have been scammed when the original landlord comes around demanding overdue rent. Rent which has been paid to the guy. So its the landlord renting a free premises to the guy and all the sub tenants paying him rental that he absconds with .

The best thing? He has been changing his name and doing it so often. Similar to this case, he is also always titled, CEO, Director or something...... Seems that Singaporeans are very easily overwhelmed by big titles......

hi friends at clubsnap

tks for all the feedback.

yes, the fellow mentioned by Stephen

"WILLIAM SOON" CEO of such and such company, that man who tried to cheat me. guy be ware of him.

i did found out also that this could become a legal problem which is going to costs lost of money.

well...a painfull lesson for me.

hi stephen, that cheat "WILLIAM" also tried to boast about his team of photographers, all fake, trying to cheat on more people

sarah wong said:
hi friends at clubsnap

tks for all the feedback.

yes, the fellow mentioned by Stephen

"WILLIAM SOON" CEO of such and such company, that man who tried to cheat me. guy be ware of him.

i did found out also that this could become a legal problem which is going to costs lost of money.

well...a painfull lesson for me.

hi stephen, that cheat "WILLIAM" also tried to boast about his team of photographers, all fake, trying to cheat on more people

Hi sad to hear this from you. However your painful experience has brought us to full attention and we learn from your mistake. I believe many of us are grateful that you are sharing this with us.

anyway be happy that it is just your pictures, lucky not life threatening.

friends at clubsnapmany

tks for all the honesty and suggestion

i just found out the William Soon, CEO of MICHWORLD magazine thing is confirmed a scam. I met up with a photographer friend of my Alex, told him about it. Alex confirm that few months ago the same William Soon emailed him saying got his contact tru some recommandation. invited Alex to start a photograper business venture. In fact, Alex was introduce to the photographer Dave Zhang who supplied the photos for the front cover of penguin, children, pools of flower and drangon fly which I saw.

Alex pull out of the deal quickly after learning that William failed to pay Dave. Together with Alex, we meet up w Dave and to see the original files and prints to confirm that William is a crook. and w permission of Dave, I have taken a few snap shots of it to show to fellows clubsnappers.

but can someone guide me how to upload the images into this page? many tks. so that those who had been to see William Soon can help identify those stolen images and the fake magazine William Soon did to deceive people.

now I know those photos William showed, were not his! its actually stolen images. i was also informed that there is already a police case and legal suit filed against William Soon because William already did some prints with stolen pictures and it seems that this William is taking his chance trying to pull a quick one with as much people as possible.

i remembered i went for the interviewed at Robinson Centre, but the post by Stephen shows that William Soon wanted to meet at Ngee Ann City office? doesnt that mean that fellow William is running, changing office and up to no good

goodness, I wish I had known all these earlier. i would be thankful if someone can show me how to upload the pictures i snap as evidents. tks

i think this conman should be exposed, m very fed up.

sarah wong said:
i would be thankful if someone can show me how to upload the pictures i snap as evidents. tks

hi sarah..

this should help

You want to go meet him and spring a trap on him :) I'd be interested to accompany you for the heck of it if you wish to do so :). We can then take photos of him, his company, and then perhaps even get his personal particulars. :) :)

Anyone interested in a sting operation call me along - too bad I haven't been "invited" by him yet so I can't test it myself :p

Cheers!

Stefen said:
Heng you tell me ah! I was supposed to meet him later this week. Cancelled liaoz...:bigeyes:

"
Hi Stefen

I run MICHWORLD the magazine and someone referred you to me as I am
looking to build up a team of photographer and in particular having one
that can work on our lifstyle shots.

Can we meet up say next week Monday 5th at 10am? Ngee Ann CIty Tower A #13-08

Rgds
William Soon
CEO/Director
MICHEWILLIAMS INTERNATIONAL HOLDING PTE LTD
6832 5523
"

image00015.jpg
[/IMG]

image00021.jpg
[/IMG]

image00031.jpg
[/IMG]

image00041.jpg
[/IMG]

image00051.jpg
[/IMG]

special tks to Zaren

these are the sample of the magazine which was showed me by the conman William Soon CEO of whatever company. any body who has met with William before, are these the same sample showed?

I was informed that this conman is not operating alone, he got 3 other fellow name Justin Png, Andy Leong and Mack. I was told these group are going from offices to offices and from shop to shop asking for people to advertise in the fake magazine. I was told these people even tried to approached Nikon to get advertisment but was rejected because the original photographer Dave Zhang is a Nikon Professional Service member and Nikon was already warned of the scam by William Soon and the fake magazine.

hi Vince, your suggestion seems interesting.

I was thinking, one of the best way to deal with these conman is to let the media approach them and expose them tru public media. in order to stop them from cheating on more people

I find that the William Soon fellow is very hyprocrite. He dare to show a page on JUSTICE but he himself trying to cheat

Well if you want to approach them again or something, do let me know, I know how to deal with such pple.

By the way, before you can expose them thru the media, there are some steps to take first in order to trap them. If you hit the grass and startle the snake, then no need to talk already.

Someone can easily pose as an interested party, but he must have received an invitation first. after that and get all the relevant information and then either pass to police, or media, or any follow up action. Let me know if something like this is being planned or feasiible and I'll assist. Best is if we have a meeting on this to discuss rather than exposing all the plans out here....

sarah wong said:

special tks to Zaren

hi Vince, your suggestion seems interesting.

I was thinking, one of the best way to deal with these conman is to let the media approach them and expose them tru public media. in order to stop them from cheating on more people

I find that the William Soon fellow is very hyprocrite. He dare to show a page on JUSTICE but he himself trying to cheat[/quote]

Just to add on, an invitation for a joint photography venture (like this alex) would be easier to do the trap than an invitation for photos (like your case)

hi sarah....

ur welcome! i've also adjusted the colours in the images to remove some of the bluish colour cast.

53279018.jpg

53279023.jpg

53279050.jpg

53279051.jpg

53279053.jpg

vince123123 said:
By the way, before you can expose them thru the media, there are some steps to take first in order to trap them. If you hit the grass and startle the snake, then no need to talk already.

Hi vince, I think you have already hit the grass by telling the world what you intend to do liao. Remember this is a public forum and your snake might be in this forum or he might even be a "senior member" amongst us! :nono: So, if you wish to do any sting op, got to work in a more covert manner, like a spy or like CID type.:bigeyes: :cool: At least your channel of comms should be either email or PM.

Remember the snake could bite and could be venomous. Do be careful.

Well, thats true, in any event, there's also a positive side to him knowing - cos now he won't know whether the next person he tries to con, is in fact, trying to sting him!

smallaperture said:
Hi vince, I think you have already hit the grass by telling the world what you intend to do liao. Remember this is a public forum and your snake might be in this forum or he might even be a "senior member" amongst us! :nono: So, if you wish to do any sting op, got to work in a more covert manner, like a spy or like CID type.:bigeyes: :cool: At least your channel of comms should be either email or PM.

Remember the snake could bite and could be venomous. Do be careful.

many tks to zaren

friend at clubsnap, watch out for the conman

Status
Not open for further replies.