Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

rachely = spambot.

Welcome to CS

Bro...did you noticed it "left" the forum already. Did our Mod Bros removed that? Hmm...left as fast as it came. Haha... :bsmilie: :bigeyes: :bsmilie: :bigeyes: :bsmilie:

yes. 'incinerated' is the word.

Thanks for the welcome. Yesterday read some link about the ISO and aperture. Regarding the aperture on the tamron lens which has f4.0-5.4. What does it mean? I know my dslr can change the aperture setting from like maybe f4.0 to f16. But the lens onli between f4.0 to 5.4. Still confuse about this part.

Thanks for the welcome. Yesterday read some link about the ISO and aperture. Regarding the aperture on the tamron lens which has f4.0-5.4. What does it mean? I know my dslr can change the aperture setting from like maybe f4.0 to f16. But the lens onli between f4.0 to 5.4. Still confuse about this part.

No, it just means it's a maximum of f/4.0 at it's widest, but only 5.6 at tele. You can then still further close it to 8, 11, 16, etc etc. It's more like a max value, not the only value. Keep reading!

refers to maximum (ie largest) aperture.

your Tamron 70-300 has largest aperture of f/4.0 @ 70mm and only f/5.6 as you get close to 300mm.
You'll notice you can't achieve f/4.0 @ 200mm, for example.

Hi guys,

me new to photography too. am thinking of leeching on to this newbie thread instead of starting a new thread to know more of you~

Hi guys,

me new to photography too. am thinking of leeching on to this newbie thread instead of starting a new thread to know more of you~
err.. ok. Welcome to CS :)

there are plenty of "Hi! I'm new to CS" threads popping up just about every day though...

err.. ok. Welcome to CS :)

there are plenty of "Hi! I'm new to CS" threads popping up just about every day though...
oh.. so is that an encouragement for me to go start one?

oh.. so is that an encouragement for me to go start one?
no point ma... I don't find it beneficial to go "Hi! I'm new....!" and then stop there...
otherwise the whole forum will be flooded with such threads, which I feel doesn't really benefit anyone except make the newbie feel a bit warm inside :heart:

it should be more for knowledge sharing....