hi and buying a new camera, d70, 300d...or...

D70 or 300D

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://w3.dpgallery.com/reviews/canon_300d/contax_cy/

Well, 300D can do that. Wonder D70 can do that too?
On the other hand, I am using Nikon manual lens 25-50 on the 300D. The result of the picture is clear and sharp, except using on the manual mode. Using my eye to judge the focusing. But at least, I still make use of my old lens instead of selling it off.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/zoomsMF/2550mm.htm

Here is the detail of the lens.

A photographer went to a socialite party in New York. As he entered the front door, the host said "I love your pictures - they're wonderful; you must have a fantastic camera." He said nothing until dinner was finished, then: "That was a wonderful dinner; you must have a terrific stove." - Sam Haskins

Poon said:
btw, which state are you in?

I'm in California...thanks for all the advice everyone (and great pics!). I'll still do a little more research before choosing. I'm still 50/50 between Canon and Nikon. I think I'm going to wait until May and buy the camera with the best deal :D Okay, I'll give Nikon a -$250 advantage, which ever is the cheapest, I'll go with that. Man, this decision is tough! :sweat: Although I like the quote gadrian.

Both are good.

But remember that when you're buying a SLR, you are actually buying into a system... so take a look at both Canon and Nikon ranges of lenses and flashes.

After you get your camera, do remember to use it to take photos instead of talking abt gears and its shortcomings (all has shortcomings, just learn to make full use of it).

oeyvind said:
Both are good.

But remember that when you're buying a SLR, you are actually buying into a system... so take a look at both Canon and Nikon ranges of lenses and flashes.

After you get your camera, do remember to use it to take photos instead of talking abt gears and its shortcomings (all has shortcomings, just learn to make full use of it).

think the greater shortcoming is the photog himself...

oeyvind said:
Both are good.

i agree with him. actually u should not look at the body, but at the nikon and canon systems. which lens/flashes will suit you better

zodnm said:
i agree with him. actually u should not look at the body, but at the nikon and canon systems. which lens/flashes will suit you better

how do beginners view canon/nikon lenses and flash? to most beginners, they don't seems to have much differences.... except maybe Nikon top range flash are lighter and more compact but as powerful as Canon and that Nikon has more wide-angle alternatives (especially for digital slr).

300d.. you can have a chance to attach the L lens to your body :blah:

of coz.. i didnt beat and dig my heart regretting buying a 300d when d70 came out :)

ghost77 said:
http://w3.dpgallery.com/reviews/canon_300d/contax_cy/

Well, 300D can do that. Wonder D70 can do that too?
On the other hand, I am using Nikon manual lens 25-50 on the 300D. The result of the picture is clear and sharp, except using on the manual mode. Using my eye to judge the focusing. But at least, I still make use of my old lens instead of selling it off.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/zoomsMF/2550mm.htm

Here is the detail of the lens.

300D is a Canon body right? You mean that you use a Nikon lens on a Canon body? Then in the first place, why buy a Canon camera? :think:

XXX Boy said:
300D is a Canon body right? You mean that you use a Nikon lens on a Canon body? Then in the first place, why buy a Canon camera? :think:

Actually, you can use Contax, Leica, Nikon, Olympus lenses on Canon EF mount SLR with proper adapters... they will meter fine, but manual focus of course.

XXX Boy said:

Well, one of my friend has read the only one Brochure of D70 from MS ANG MO KIO.

To his disappointment , almost all manual lenses cannot be fully used in D70 body. First the metering will not function once mount with M lenses and second the Max. Aperture is f5.6. I don't understand why Nikon wants to produce its own product with double standard?
Please don't cope my word. Just the point of view. I am not against Nikon nor any other product.

nikon lens system takes a bit of research.

perhaps you can get the nikon users to post a list of nikkor lenses that work FULLY with the D70 and not in some stopped down metering mode

spend the money on a good photographic course instead..and learn b/w printing/developing

.and wait for both 300d and d70 to have a price plunge before even wasting a cent on them now.

AS if one more function from either one body will make a difference to picture making in general.

spend ur 2kusd well.

ghost77 said:
Well, one of my friend has read the only one Brochure of D70 from MS ANG MO KIO.

To his disappointment , almost all manual lenses cannot be fully used in D70 body. First the metering will not function once mount with M lenses and second the Max. Aperture is f5.6. I don't understand why Nikon wants to produce its own product with double standard?
Please don't cope my word. Just the point of view. I am not against Nikon nor any other product.

Just to point out:

We can MOUNT MF lenses. Which means we can SHOOT WITH MF lenses. Metering is not an issue, as there are external meters, and also the human eye. There is no aperture limitation on a manual lens, you set it with the aperture ring.

Some systems, due to the change of standard between MF and AF lenses, cannot mount MF lenses on AF bodies, losing a legacy of MANY optically wonderful lenses.

In fact, I have quite a lot of collection of Nikon product. I don't mind selling my 300D and change it to D70 but after I learn that (maybe the info I have is not enough) D70 can only take Nikon flash like SB600 and SB800. What am I going to do with my SB24, SB28 and SB30? Sell them away and get another new ones? My hobby is taking photo not buy buy buy camera. Don't have some much money to spend. :cry: :sweat:
Well, even Canon 300D has its own limitation too. As long I am happy with what I have until now. I will still using it. :D

ghost77 said:
In fact, I have quite a lot of collection of Nikon product. I don't mind selling my 300D and change it to D70 but after I learn that (maybe the info I have is not enough) D70 can only take Nikon flash like SB600 and SB800. What am I going to do with my SB24, SB28 and SB30? Sell them away and get another new ones? My hobby is taking photo not buy buy buy camera. Don't have some much money to spend. :cry: :sweat:
Well, even Canon 300D has its own limitation too. As long I am happy with what I have until now. I will still using it. :D
\

another clarification:

the D70 can mount the other flashes. However, it will only give Auto (Aperture Priority) and Manual mode. TTL doesn't work, due to the reflectance of the CCD.

leonzhu said:
\

another clarification:

the D70 can mount the other flashes. However, it will only give Auto (Aperture Priority) and Manual mode. TTL doesn't work, due to the reflectance of the CCD.

Thank for the info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.