Hi all expert..i am new here

Since you have narrowed your choice, go here to do a side-by-side comparison of the 2 cameras you have in mind.

Do a number comparison first. Determine which is better. If you don't UNDERSTAND something specific to the camera, ask here.

ok,thanks:D

Since you have narrowed your choice, go here to do a side-by-side comparison of the 2 cameras you have in mind.

Do a number comparison first. Determine which is better. If you don't UNDERSTAND something specific to the camera, ask here.

finally...

hi,my budget around 5k included lens,filter and drybox ....
mostly shooting street,Macros,Land/City-scapes and Travel

That's quite general too. What have you used before and what are you looking for? Almost all DSLRs can do that and 5k is quite a bit of budget for many lower end DSLRs + lenses/accessories like flash, tripod, filters, dry cabinets etc. For that budget, you could also be looking at mid range semi-pro bodies and less accessories.

Knowing your current skill level would also allow us to better advise whether we should recommend entry level bodies which are easier to use or higher end bodies which would allow growth.

hi,my model mind is D300s and 7d..

don't count your chickens before they hatch. TS only said 'ok thanks'. Doesn't mean that all that has been stated on this thread has sunk in to the deep recesses of the brain.

That's quite general too. What have you used before and what are you looking for? Almost all DSLRs can do that and 5k is quite a bit of budget for many lower end DSLRs + lenses/accessories like flash, tripod, filters, dry cabinets etc. For that budget, you could also be looking at mid range semi-pro bodies and less accessories.

Knowing your current skill level would also allow us to better advise whether we should recommend entry level bodies which are easier to use or higher end bodies which would allow growth.

by narrowing down to D300 and 7D... TS probably know a thing or 2 about DSLR as these 2 are currently the top dog in their own brand for crop sensor.

Probably already know what he wants....

shall not say anymore... good luck hunting.... :)

don't count your chickens before they hatch. TS only said 'ok thanks'. Doesn't mean that all that has been stated on this thread has sunk in to the deep recesses of the brain.

i dun give a dam* just that he must be polite on his reply.

he stated "Hi all expert..i am new here" and he is so rude.

At least he said thank u.

Hi Newblood,

if you are looking at comparing the spec of various camera, you can try the following link:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp

However, technical spec does not usually equate the image quality that the camera can produce. Just like having a long list of expensive lens under your arsenal doesn't make you a great photographer.

In the same website dpreview.com, you can find a lot of more useful in-depth reviews and recommendations by the "forumers".

I basically started this process myself few weeks ago while I am looking for a Point and shoot camera.
And eventually I ended up with a Canon DSLR.

Just a suggestion for you with your 5k budget

1. Canon 550D body and 18-200mm~$2000
2. Nissin 866I ~$380 (if you are a purist, canon 580something... ~$680 )
3. Digital Dry cabinet 100L ~$400
4. A tripod ~$380
5. Third party Camera bag ~$30
6. Third party battery grip ~$140
7. Extra 16g SD card ~$40(this is the price someone on this forum offer. )
=====================
$3370

Still got $1630 balance of which you can buy a 80cents coffee for me and the rest you can buy lens to add a long list of mm to your signature. :bsmilie:

ok,thanks:D