Hey folks! First post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivla80

May 22, 2009
flickr.com
Hi guys!

Been lurking here quite a fair bit and finally registered. This is my first post, and I thought I'll share some images I made of the Pacific Northwest... Shots taken in Oregon..

3537095824_4c7a1ff1b6_d.jpg

3524060987_8856fe4c13_d.jpg

3469710105_838dd4d19d_d.jpg

3464401935_6936ecb349_d.jpg

3386415541_52d1ff140e_d.jpg

Heading back to Singapore this summer for like a month or so, and hope to be able to meet some of you folks!

Alvin

welcome and thx for sharing!

now THIS is landscape photography! :thumbsup::cool:

Well this is something. One of the best landscape here so far.

Thanks for your very kind words...
I'll def be hitting up some of you guys when I go back home this Summer!

Happy Weekend!

beautiful! ^^

oh. how did u get that effect in the Slots?

Wow tat cool man!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Best

most are HDR photo?
nice shot.

Heya..

thanks again for your kind words! The shots are HDR. I used grads for most of my shots! All were made using either 3 or 4 Reverse GND..

Slots was made by bracketing 2 exposures. One for the lights and one for the shadows. Manual blend in Photoshop using luminosity masks.

-Alvin

cool
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
great...best for poster/postcard

love the upper antelope canyon and flaming tulips shots.....
wonderful pictures :thumbsup:

i like #2, i like #4

but to be honest, for the rest, while the location are good, i do not really like them, because i have seen better on FM and naturescapes

anyways, the coloration in #3 for the foreground is really too reddish/magenta side, and for the last posted, i am not sure why the trees have been included, they spoil the image for me.

but these are pretty nice overall, welcome to clubsnap, hope to see you posting more here. :)

Last edited:
i like #2, i like #4

but to be honest, for the rest, while the location are good, i do not really like them, because i have seen better on FM and naturescapes

anyways, the coloration in #3 for the foreground is really too reddish/magenta side, and for the last posted, i am not sure why the trees have been included, they spoil the image for me.

but these are pretty nice overall, welcome to clubsnap, hope to see you posting more here. :)

Heya!

Thanks for the very constructive comments. One reason why I joined in the first place! Thanks for your props on #2 and #4.. As for the rest, I agree with ya. It was the first time i visited these locations, and started being trigger happy and fired off frames after frames w/o proper contemplation of comp and stuff.. lol.. Glad to have AT LEAST something decent I think.. =)

For #3, it was the most awesome sunset I've ever seen, and it was actually pretty accurate to the scene! Had to shoot at really high ISO to freeze the flowers though. IQ is a lil compromised.. And for #4, I have a shot without the tree, but it kinda makes the entire picture a little bland, cos it's just gonna be that crater ridge and water. This place was completely snowed in and this comp was the best one I could find, with enough interest in the background..

Once again, thanks for your very constructive feedback!

-Alvin

beautiful, pls keep them coming.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.