Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxiaozhuu

Jul 28, 2009
Hi all,
I'm a newbie here and I'm looking for a dslr camera. Any recommendations? My budget is less than 1000. Can someone tell me what's the difference between a semi pro and pro camera? =x
Thanks ppl!!

Since this is your first post, I would first welcome you to Clubsnap.

To answer your question.....

Semi-pro = not fully professional
Pro = worthy of the high standards of a profession

Do you have any freinds who owns a DSLR? You might want to get the same ones as theirs so you can get help from them.

I would suggest to get 2nd hand.

hey, thanks for your welcome =]
One of my friend got canon eos 500d recently. Another one bought Nikon L100. I asked around for feedbacks on L100. Heard that its a semi pro cam. Not sure it's a good buy.. As for canon eos 500d, I feel that its too expensive for me =x Btw, what is a better brand for a camera?

hey, thanks for your welcome =]
One of my friend got canon eos 500d recently. Another one bought Nikon L100. I asked around for feedbacks on L100. Heard that its a semi pro cam. Not sure it's a good buy.. As for canon eos 500d, I feel that its too expensive for me =x Btw, what is a better brand for a camera?

There are no "better brands". All of the major players (canon, nikon, sony, pentax, olympus) are good.

Your "what cam for me" question comes up every other day. PLEASE PLEASE try a search to read through similar threads.

In essence, NOBODY can tell you what to buy. You need to do your own research, go and test the cameras, feel which one is the most comfortable and makes the "most sense" to you.

Remember, an entry-level DSLR like the Sony A230 can cost just as much as a semi-pro point and shoot.

There is no "better brand", there are many different brands with even more models. All are capable of delivering good pictures - as long as the person behind the viewfinder knows a bit. Please do yourself a favour and give all members here some respect by reading existing threads. Your questions is asked here 10x per week .. the answers are more or less similar.
First thing for you: Define your budget. Then you can have a look in Marketplace for price guides or Buy & Sell for 2nd hand. Apart from that, read the various review sites, make yourself familiar with the terms around photography. Once you got an idea you can have a look at the show rooms to see which camera feels good.
For your next question try a more meaningful subject.

Welcome to the largest online photography club in Singapore ! :D

Hello...welcome.

As the rest have mentioned, brands doesn't matter as all DSLRs are capable of producing good pictures if you use it within it's limitations.

BTW, the Nikon L100 is not a DSLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.