Help~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagalogy

Oct 30, 2007
:)Hi guys, newbie here......recently got a strong interest in photography and planning to tk up as a hobby for long term........and planning to buy either Canon 40D or Nikon D80........any advise from the seniors here? Any recommended shops for reliable price or service? What r the difference in this 2 models (Pros n Cons)?..........Btw, which camera is using CF card? I was advise by my frn to get the camera with CF card....was told the potential of files corrupted is lower...........how true issit?

:)Hi guys, newbie here......recently got a strong interest in photography and planning to tk up as a hobby for long term........and planning to buy either Canon 40D or Nikon D80........any advise from the seniors here? Any recommended shops for reliable price or service? What r the difference in this 2 models (Pros n Cons)?..........Btw, which camera is using CF card? I was advise by my frn to get the camera with CF card....was told the potential of files corrupted is lower...........how true issit?

I suggest reading through the review sites for more objective opinions... After all, you're also missing out on the Sony A700! ;)

Shops: read the stickies.

CF Card: it's not true that the potential for file corruption is lower.

Cameras that use CF card: Canon 40D, Sony A700. FYI: The Nikon D80 is "last year's" model.

In all honestly, and this is repeated about 1000 times on the forum... GO AND TRY THE CAMERAS. Asking us here for our opinion will only give you polarized views. Go to the shops, try the canons, the nikons, the sonys, the olympus and the pentax DSLRS and then make up your mind which of those cams "feels right". It has to be comfy for you to use.

Then, when you have your list, consider the features. Does it have built-in antishake or do you need to invest in expensive lenses? What's the image quality like? shot speed? Do you have DRO or not? etc etc...

First of all welcome.. :)

DO take a look at the stickys in this forum for all the answers to your questions.. also you may do a search for threads that has the same question asked.. you will find that all your questions has been asked multiple times b4..

Google is also your best friend. Use it.

yah, after checking out the differences between the models (which can be done), you can clarify further for user inputs here relevant to specific points.

Status
Not open for further replies.