HELP! Wireless Remote Control Receiver stuck to hot shoe on my camera!

antarcticwind

Apr 12, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
HELP! I accidentally screwed my Wireless Remote Control Receiver too tightly to the hot shoe on my camera, and now it is stuck. I cannot get it off, as I am not confident of which direction loosens it. I am using the Pixel RW-221 Wireless Remote Control. Can anyone offer any help?

Isn't it always "righty tighty leftie loosey"? Try counterclockwise.

The problem with this unit is that the screw is bi-directional When you screw it one way, the ring tightens towards the hot shoe, screw the other way and it loosens and tightens towards the receiver. Get what I mean? And both ways seem awfully tight!

The problem with this unit is that the screw is bi-directional When you screw it one way, the ring tightens towards the hot shoe, screw the other way and it loosens and tightens towards the receiver. Get what I mean? And both ways seem awfully tight!

Hi,common sense will lead you to try both directions right? So which ever way it will loosen in one direction and that will tell you which
way you want it.The problem is you may not have a good grip so try using a rubber band to wrap round the part,that should solve the problem.If not you need brute power,get a pair of plumer's pliers like a pair of scissors that and open wide by adjusting the pivot holes,wrap protective cloth or other material and turn.Costs only a few bucks at your neighbourhood hardware store.

With your camera's lcd facing you, turn the screw ring counterclockwise (from left side of lcd to right side of lcd). The design of the transceiver makes it a PITA to remove.