HELP!! White spots in housing...

Sadiqbakry

Jun 30, 2010
Hey guys, need help here... My underwater housing wasn't being used fr quite sometimes... I realized that there are some white spots on the inner case. Any idea how I can get rid of them? Please help me....

Will send it shortly.. Seems like the case got cloudy but the weird thing is that it will start from a spot n then spread...

Happens sometimes... did you expose the casing to direct sunlight for prolong period ?? Did you dry the casing throughly before storage ?? :think:

It was stored in my cupboard only. Under room temperature. Never placed under direct sunlight... :(I'm planning for a diving trip in Sipadan fr my honeymoon n this news is very bad news...:(

sounds like fungus or mould. if it's not on the lens port there should be no problems

Most likely... the strange part is why it can't be 'wash' off... its like the mould/fungus had eaten into the plastic :think:

TS... as long as the front port isn't turning white also... and it shouldn't since it should be made of glass, then it should be that big a issue. You could maybe try some cleaning solution... but I won't recommend unless you ready ready can't tahan a few white spot... don't forget, such chemical might weaken and damage the plastic/acrylic if you are using the wrong stuff...

sounds like fungus or mould. if it's not on the lens port there should be no problems

most likely i think . clean then kiwi black or some flare will appear against light.