Help wanted! Goose vs Duck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kachang26

Feb 21, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi all, I am only interested in macro, macro and more macro; more specifically, underwater macro eg. seahorses, fish, eye of cuttlefish...

so my problem is this:-

goose = Canon EF 100mmF2,8 Macro or
duck = NikonAF Micro Nikkor 105 mm F2.8D :confused:

ie. is the S$500++ more for the 'duck' justified (conpared to the goose) in terms of pciture sharpness. assume that eveything else the same e.g. EOS 30/F80...

if ur answer is in favour of the 'goose'; how does the 'goose' compare to the 'chicken' ie Canon EF 100mmF2.8 USM????

as soome of you would know; the choice of lens = choice of camera = choice of sysytem..

thanks!:bwhat:

Underwater macro? A water-proof housing costs a BOMB, much more expensive than the goose and duck!

Canon one has USM therefore faster and quiter in AF mode. btw, u havent had a camera body yet? Better try both to see which system u like better.

i noe i noe i noe; irony huh?
the underwater housing for the CanonEOS300 is S$2350
the underwater housing for the F80 is S$3200

saving up for camera&lens...practise practise practise shooting..get housing..practise practise practise the maintenance..get strobes...let's go diving!

commetns anyone????:bwhat:

sorry guys , I move this thread to General Photography Chat due to the content more related to underwater photography :)

All rite!!! who's talking about me!!!! :devil:

Originally posted by tomshen
Underwater macro? A water-proof housing costs a BOMB, much more expensive than the goose and duck!

Canon one has USM therefore faster and quiter in AF mode. btw, u havent had a camera body yet? Better try both to see which system u like better.

excueee me. When you do macro photography, you talk about moving focusing rails mm by mm. I hardly think USM matters.

Some UK companies make waterproof housings that are relatively cheaper but rated not for non-serious (snorkling) depths.

Status
Not open for further replies.