Help. should i get a new graphic card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it says DVI-I. but i dunno wat is that and how to use.

DVI is the bigger connector on the graphic card. It's also the one with more pins in the connector. If your LCD monitor supports DVI, you should use a DVI cable to connect between your graphic card and minitor.

I looks like videochip overheating problem, check the video card fan if there is one...if not check from driver to see if you are running in overclocking mode, usually if you bump up your video memory too much you will see this kind of artifacts....downclocking my helps a little.....in worse case...change your graphic card....The inno3D at $149 should fits your requirement, I personally will chose the XFX 6600GT card because of the DDR3 ram, I know there are better cards out there but I will rather save that for future upgrade :lovegrin:

http://sg.hardwarezone.com/priceguide/priceguide.php?id=304

it's al'rite. checking that is too chim for me. luckily a cheap graphic card is not that expensive, so i changed it for the cheapest i can get.

DVI is the bigger connector on the graphic card. It's also the one with more pins in the connector. If your LCD monitor supports DVI, you should use a DVI cable to connect between your graphic card and minitor.

yah, think i will get that. and hopefully not too expensive. does any shop that sells this DVI-cable works? anything i need to look out for?

If you're not technically inclined, go Funan Laser, Fuwell or Chamoxa to get the cable. Less people, less BS. Costs around $10 depending on the quality. For your setup, there is no difference for a standard length one. You may have to restart the PC after switching cables.

See the sharpness like it should :)

yah, think i will get that. and hopefully not too expensive. does any shop that sells this DVI-cable works? anything i need to look out for?

my samsung widescreen comes with both video and DVI cables when I bought it. So do check if you have the DVI cable in the box that comes with your viewsonic before buying.

my samsung widescreen comes with both video and DVI cables when I bought it. So do check if you have the DVI cable in the box that comes with your viewsonic before buying.

there is one rounded cable. but the port behind is a wider looking serial thingy. anyway that given cable is only 15cm long, not long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.