Help on Digicabi DHC-060

Status
Not open for further replies.
anka said:
*sob* how much did you guys get it for? I got my DHC-100 for $208.

dhc-100 for 208?.....wah...thats cheap.........dhc-40 is 208 from digihub. They quote me.....are u sure yours is dhc-100 or ad-100 or an digital hygrometer 100L? there is a professional on the brand at the top left corner of the box.

man ...i feel ripped off if u got yours at 208.

mine is digi-cabi 100L I recalled it mentioned DHC. maybe it's not. but it's a digital meter. with no BLUE BACKLID.

Hoky said:
Did you keep your dry cabinet in an air-con room? Coz in air con room, the RH is much lower.
No, it's in the hall way, very airy though but not air-conditioned.

../azul123

anka said:
mine is digi-cabi 100L I recalled it mentioned DHC. maybe it's not. but it's a digital meter. with no BLUE BACKLID.
The blue backlit LCD no big deal lah, very bright... my small one scared to go out into the hall way when lights are off because of the blue backlit LCD. More important the Dry Cabinet does what it is suppose to do inside the cabinet. :bsmilie:

If I can opt without the blue backlit I will opt for that if have option.

../azul123

anka said:
*sob* how much did you guys get it for? I got my DHC-100 for $208.

Hey anka...dun thk urs is the DHC series...frm Carrefour rite...saw 'em too.
Its AD series.

Ridicule said:
Hey anka...dun thk urs is the DHC series...frm Carrefour rite...saw 'em too.
Its AD series.

Yah, AD series is analogue setup with digital hydrometer. Not the DHC with closed feedback system.

So no worries, not the older models...
The other DHC models is about the same except the two buttons are orientated differently and no blue LCD backlit. (You can see the older DHC displayed in the catalogue)

azul123 said:
The blue backlit LCD no big deal lah, very bright... my small one scared to go out into the hall way when lights are off because of the blue backlit LCD. More important the Dry Cabinet does what it is suppose to do inside the cabinet. :bsmilie:

If I can opt without the blue backlit I will opt for that if have option.

../azul123

Same here... very bright... disturbed my sleep so much (coz it glared at me) until i had to move my dry cabinet to the living room.

Sometimes worried that LCD will burn out but it has 5 years warranty... what the heck.

Hoky said:
Yah, AD series is analogue setup with digital hydrometer. Not the DHC with closed feedback system.

So no worries, not the older models...
The other DHC models is about the same except the two buttons are orientated differently and no blue LCD backlit. (You can see the older DHC displayed in the catalogue)

I wonder why such a premium price over DHC. but at least i know i got it cheaper. digihub selling at 252. and i got it at 208. I am wondering if carrefour gave me the wrong unit. haha. I think i was suppose to get 80L but end up getting 100L.

anka said:
I wonder why such a premium price over DHC. but at least i know i got it cheaper. digihub selling at 252. and i got it at 208. I am wondering if carrefour gave me the wrong unit. haha. I think i was suppose to get 80L but end up getting 100L.

Wow den...lucky U...save $

anka said:

Well, the control systems are pretty sensitive and expensive to develop.
In addition, with the DHC, you don't have to tune the analogue knob. It'll set the RH as you require.

kettobase said:
Hi, i bought one on Saturday.
I set it to 45% using the controls. yesterday, i put in a lot of my DVDs at around 4pm in the afternoon. Then i decided to test the dry cabinet out by setting it at 40%. This morning, the RH is still at 47...ocassionally dropping to 45%.....

Is there something wrong? I seem to never see it goin below 43% before. Also from 55% to 47%,....it took almost 3 hours to achieve that.

Anyone please help.
Also, is the meter always illuminated with blue light when its plugged in? Does it (blue light) goes off after a while? Mine is always on 24/7.

Upgraded mine from DB-036 to a DHC-060 last Saturday too.

I believe because the capacity of the cabinet is bigger, it needs more time and energy to remove the moisture, try to leave it on for a few more days and see. But I think RH of 45% is good enough.

Yap, The meter is always illuminated with blue light when plugged it. If you find the light a distraction, you can cover it with a cloth like I do.

Cheerz

Francis247 said:
Upgraded mine from DB-036 to a DHC-060 last Saturday too.

I believe because the capacity of the cabinet is bigger, it needs more time and energy to remove the moisture, try to leave it on for a few more days and see. But I think RH of 45% is good enough.

Yap, The meter is always illuminated with blue light when plugged it. If you find the light a distraction, you can cover it with a cloth like I do.

Cheerz

initially, i thought of getting a 40L DHC, but i went to carrefour and saw the AD-40, which is so small.......so i decided to go for the dhc-060. for 30 dollars more (dhc-40 is 208) i thought i would be paying for a bigger better motor, looks like the additional 30 is just for the additional metal for the 20L increase......... the blue light is not a distraction, quite nice in fact.......btw,....my father used to use a Eureka dry cabinet, almost 10+ years old liao......they are wide and big....not like digicabi,...narrow and tall. the make looks better....more classy......its dumped at a corner of our room,...not in used for 10+ years liao...

kettobase said:
initially, i thought of getting a 40L DHC, but i went to carrefour and saw the AD-40, which is so small.......so i decided to go for the dhc-060. for 30 dollars more (dhc-40 is 208) i thought i would be paying for a bigger better motor, looks like the additional 30 is just for the additional metal for the 20L increase......... the blue light is not a distraction, quite nice in fact.......btw,....my father used to use a Eureka dry cabinet, almost 10+ years old liao......they are wide and big....not like digicabi,...narrow and tall. the make looks better....more classy......its dumped at a corner of our room,...not in used for 10+ years liao...

Hi there,

Actually got my DB-036 around 5 to 6 months back only when I officially got my DSLR and a few lenses. But the number of my equipment is on an increase so thought of upgrading to a bigger one. Check out Digi-Hub and saw that they do trade-in so contacted them to place an order for a DHC-060. :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.