Help needed!Pls come in n give advice(esp legal advice.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is your right to keep a copy of the contract you sign.
you should ask for a copy. if you company refuse to give it to you.
you may seek help from MOM.

btw, what is your company main business?

:think: hmmm y must u conpensate 6mths if u resign !!! ... sound alot ley .... think even if a job agency find for u, u only need a min 1-3 months with the company, then can resign without compensation.

Sack depends...if it is cos of ur own wrong doing than still have to pay but with such a contract... hard to see them firing me anytime soon.

They should give u a copy of the appointment letter and oso the contract. They wanna

play "hang" so you would just quietly obey. Seek MOM for advise and tell them your plight.

Some companies are getting ridiculous. :angry:

1) When you sign the contract, your company should give you a copy the contract. That one is understood.... no need to ask one. You mean you didnt get it and you didnt ask a thing?

2) Did you read your contract before signing? If you did, why on earth did you agree to pay back the company 6 months of pay if you quit? No company does that to employees... if so then many people would not be able to quit

3) Doing things out of your job scope is normal for small companies and esp if you are a trainee. Why? Because you know nothing.... so what else can I ask you to do? Go shoot? And screw up the shoot? However in this case, you need to even think carefully about whether your company is a real photography studio. Why I say that? For your info, clients for fashion spreads use professional models, the long leg, foreign, skinny thin, walk like marching type..... Not your off the street, look abit pretty but cant really make it and tell people "I AM MODEL, I AMANDA, I DO MODEL, SOMETIMES PARTTIME "ACTRESS" IN TV SHOW" In your case, telemarketing? If you mean call clients and ask if they have job etc.... oh that is part and parcel of your work, if u dont call clients, where do you think your jobs come from? If you are sourcing in the streets for models or talents as we call them for shoots, shoots mean proper ads. However if you are sourcing in the streets for "models" and telling them to come to your studio to shoot portfolio.... then I would say to you.... get out ASAP of the company.

Anyway this reminds me of something I saw last week in Orchard, this nerdy guy with zero dress sense was perspirating and walking outside taka approaching girls and teens and taking down their numbers. I saw a bunch of 3 guys in shirt and pants sitting down on the bench ordering him about. I was wondering to myself if the nerd was a guy who got con by this agency to work and i really pitied him.... the way his shirt was wet and everyone was avoiding him like the plague.

1) When you sign the contract, your company should give you a copy the contract. That one is understood.... no need to ask one. You mean you didnt get it and you didnt ask a thing?

thats one point againsts the employee already

2) Did you read your contract before signing? If you did, why on earth did you agree to pay back the company 6 months of pay if you quit? No company does that to employees... if so then many people would not be able to quit.

I am amazed people did not neg it when they sign the contract.

Hmmm.... Come to think of it. I think there is a very high chance that I did onli sign on e last page onli.

High chance that your contract would have been tampered by now. Are you able to try and get a copy secretly cos once you ask it will put them on alert and even if they have yet to tamper with the document, they will definitely do so before giving to you.

:think: hmmm y must u conpensate 6mths if u resign !!! ... sound alot ley .... think even if a job agency find for u, u only need a min 1-3 months with the company, then can resign without compensation.

Ignorant of employment laws I was. but from wat i read, the contract was not fair to e employee in any way n should be considered null n void under singaporean employment laws.

2) Did you read your contract before signing? If you did, why on earth did you agree to pay back the company 6 months of pay if you quit? No company does that to employees... if so then many people would not be able to quit

3) Doing things out of your job scope is normal for small companies and esp if you are a trainee. Why? Because you know nothing.... so what else can I ask you to do? Go shoot? And screw up the shoot? However in this case, you need to even think carefully about whether your company is a real photography studio. Why I say that? For your info, clients for fashion spreads use professional models, the long leg, foreign, skinny thin, walk like marching type..... Not your off the street, look abit pretty but cant really make it and tell people "I AM MODEL, I AMANDA, I DO MODEL, SOMETIMES PARTTIME "ACTRESS" IN TV SHOW" In your case, telemarketing? If you mean call clients and ask if they have job etc.... oh that is part and parcel of your work, if u dont call clients, where do you think your jobs come from? If you are sourcing in the streets for models or talents as we call them for shoots, shoots mean proper ads. However if you are sourcing in the streets for "models" and telling them to come to your studio to shoot portfolio.... then I would say to you.... get out ASAP of the company.

Anyway this reminds me of something I saw last week in Orchard, this nerdy guy with zero dress sense was perspirating and walking outside taka approaching girls and teens and taking down their numbers. I saw a bunch of 3 guys in shirt and pants sitting down on the bench ordering him about. I was wondering to myself if the nerd was a guy who got con by this agency to work and i really pitied him.... the way his shirt was wet and everyone was avoiding him like the plague.
That is y most of e pple here r stuck here for 30 mths which is e duration of e contract. Nobody has e additional money to burn.

thats one point againsts the employee already

I am amazed people did not neg it when they sign the contract.

pressure selling u have heard... now u see company pressure pple to join them. Give 5 mins to think over it n sign.

Dude seriously... how old are you?? and your colleagues? U said others... means there are others like you? One word to say, you have all been conned.. I havent heard of any photography studio that tells its employees that they must pay back 6 months of pay.

I mean hello think logically..... did you get send on courses by company? I doubt so right? So what on earth do you pay the company back for??? It is really simple if you cannot understand.... You work for someone, you give your time and effort, you get paid. It cant be you pay the person to give you a job right??

And please.... do you know to get a job, one goes for at least 3 rounds of interviews? And even if one round, you still can tell prospective employer, "sorry let me think about it" Wont die to wait for a day or two right? And if you really want to learn photography..... the way you are doing it is not the way definetely.... Where got such thing as give you 5 mins to sign??? The way you say it, your company sound more like direct selling company than studio! Dont mind me asking are you fresh from O levels?

U better go to Ministry of Manpower first thing tomorrow and seek help.

Doing stuff out of the job scope is normal, at least in Singapore I think. For example, I'm in QA, but have to take charge of office renovations, monitoring of bonus plan, etc. And I'm from an MNC! I estimate more than 50% of my time is not doing QA stuff.

Doing stuff out of the job scope is normal, at least in Singapore I think. For example, I'm in QA, but have to take charge of office renovations, monitoring of bonus plan, etc. And I'm from an MNC! I estimate more than 50% of my time is not doing QA stuff.

That is very true but what I am more concerned is the TS has been conned. I am quite sure his pay is peanuts....

Go to the MoM. This sounds too fishy.

Can I be harsh and say that one should have a little more sense before putting down a signature?

I think the local education system has been teaching all the wrong things.

Try your best to get your hands on the contract then approach MOM for help. If not the company might just give u any contract when MOM turn up to do an audit, then you become a scrap goat for nothing and they might just fire you after the incident.

These companies that exploits workers should be brought to justice.

Anyway I really cannot understand how can anyone sign anything without first reading through. It's not just for the job, its for everything else in life, you might sign away your life in this way.

Not say we must doubt every company but we won't know until **** happens.

When I was offered the job i got the HR girl to go thru every line in the contract with me before I was willing to sign. We can never be too careful.

1mth notice with 6mths compensation is crap.. unless they send you for Courses which cost them a bomb to justify for the compensation. even then they only have the right to claim back the course fee and not 6mths pay.

Do make this a case and bring this guys to justice.

As for job
I am working for a small firm right now, I do more then just what I was employed to do. but my boss make up with incentives and offdays. so its really quite ok

1) Anyway this reminds me of something I saw last week in Orchard, this nerdy guy with zero dress sense was perspirating and walking outside taka approaching girls and teens and taking down their numbers. I saw a bunch of 3 guys in shirt and pants sitting down on the bench ordering him about. I was wondering to myself if the nerd was a guy who got con by this agency to work and i really pitied him.... the way his shirt was wet and everyone was avoiding him like the plague.

Lol! He approached me yesterday =.="

Lol. Maybe you can do this the traditional way: Use a tape recorder and make your boss reveal everything you need to know. Then go to MOM and report. If your boss go back on their words, the tape is evidence..

Status
Not open for further replies.