Help needed!Pls come in n give advice(esp legal advice.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it is already 'water under the bridge'.

Lol. Maybe you can do this the traditional way: Use a tape recorder and make your boss reveal everything you need to know. Then go to MOM and report. If your boss go back on their words, the tape is evidence..

Wow you guys are so creative, from convert mission to complex legal attacks;) A trip to MOM which should help the poor chap, in fact the company might even close to due this. Such a company that con inspiring photographers should desire to close. A lot of these "contacts" not legally bond more like tactics to scare the person to do what they want. There are guideline in MOM about employment contacts. Not getting a copy of that contact in question already go against that one of the MOM's guideline.:)

Wow you guys are so creative, from convert mission to complex legal attacks;) A trip to MOM which should help the poor chap, in fact the company might even close to due this. Such a company that con inspiring photographers should desire to close. A lot of these "contacts" not legally bond more like tactics to scare the person to do what they want. There are guideline in MOM about employment contacts. Not getting a copy of that contact in question already go against that one of the MOM's guideline.:)

E boss still refuses to give me my contract. Haiz..... maybe should give up photography all together.... with so much happening...e fire sort of died.:bheart:

Hmm on what grounds is he refusing? It is a contract between two parties.

I think you should just name the studio and tell him that his funny practices is now being known by the largest photography forum in Singapore.

E boss still refuses to give me my contract. Haiz..... maybe should give up photography all together.... with so much happening...e fire sort of died.:bheart:

Sack depends...if it is cos of ur own wrong doing than still have to pay but with such a contract... hard to see them firing me anytime soon.

Easy - just be extremely lazy or really **** up big time. They will want to get rid of you quick smart.

Can you tell everyone here what is the name of the studio that is doing this to its employees?

There are ways to bring this kind of company to its knees. But firstly you need to be firm and know your rights. Companies like these tend to manipulate the ignorant and weak. So you gotta stand up to it.

And if you're so easily affected by the circumstances to consider quitting your passion in photography, then I think that's probably the direction you should head towards.

Hmm on what grounds is he refusing? It is a contract between two parties.

I think you should just name the studio and tell him that his funny practices is now being known by the largest photography forum in Singapore.
too much legal issues involved with naming e studio...end up i get sued my pants off. can onli say it is notorious locally n alot of pple off e streets might have issues with them.

Can you tell everyone here what is the name of the studio that is doing this to its employees?

There are ways to bring this kind of company to its knees. But firstly you need to be firm and know your rights. Companies like these tend to manipulate the ignorant and weak. So you gotta stand up to it.

And if you're so easily affected by the circumstances to consider quitting your passion in photography, then I think that's probably the direction you should head towards.
ignorant n weak..... really describes me very well rite about now. Oh well.... if i do manage to get out of this on a merry note than will continue on in my dream as photographer. but not immediately..... need a break away from all e negative things that happened.

Easy - just be extremely lazy or really **** up big time. They will want to get rid of you quick smart.

From wat i see from e employees here.... lazy n fark up onli result in reduced pay... y fire when u can wait for e person to quit n get a few thousands from it?

From reading your side of the story only and if it's true, I can only suggest that you take up a sideline while working there (of course don't let the company know lah) and try not to add any value for this company, play their game until they see no value in keeping you (since you want out anyway).

Hope you can get something suitable on the side and still keep your photography interests alive. Maybe form with your same boat colleagues, who knows maybe can be more lucrative than this company, good luck and hope you get out of the bind your are in.

../azul123

too much legal issues involved with naming e studio...end up i get sued my pants off. can onli say it is notorious locally n alot of pple off e streets might have issues with them.

Naming the studio will only have legal issues if you're not stating the facts.

The company only has one boss and the boss is holding the contract? Possible to get the contract from someone else?

If everything you say can be substantiated, then there is no issue with naming them.

At the very least, it is very easy to substantiate that a legal contract was signed and a copy was no given to you.

And without seeing the contract, its very hard to tell you what you can do or cannot do to get out of it.

actually if you know about their reputation and all.... why did you join in the first place? Seriously instead of speculating here, why not go to MOM? If you dont how on earth are you going to quit if you can never pay back 6 months of pay. And seriously dude.. no company makes a person pay 6 months of pay for quitting unless you take one of those personal financial consultant courses and u are boned to the bank. You have been had big time... especially when your boss dont even want to give you the contract. Alarm bells are ringing big time. If you choose to remain silent, you are doing yourself and the others a great injustice. Frankly you are no better than a slave now.....

There might be someone who is holding onto e contract but chances r there is no way of getting it without e boss knowing.

If what you stated are facts, then what's there to be afraid of? I certainly hope your wicked employer has not made you think that they are all that capable and powerful. If you choose to do nothing from your predicament, then you're empowering others to do this to you. Are you allowing it to happen and let fear and worry to control you?

PS: Btw, how come after several posts from you, your post count still indicate as 0 ?

Yea, as said by others, if you don't realyl wish to stand up for your rights, there is little that we can help you with.

If what you stated are facts, then what's there to be afraid of? I certainly hope your wicked employer has not made you think that they are all that capable and powerful. If you choose to do nothing from your predicament, then you're empowering others to do this to you. Are you allowing it to happen and let fear and worry to control you?

PS: Btw, how come after several posts from you, your post count still indicate as 0 ?

I m doing something about it definitely. n there indeed is something wrong with my post count.... some guys thought after registering for 1.5 years than i post but i did post b4.... maybe is a bug bah.

I m doing something about it definitely. n there indeed is something wrong with my post count.... some guys thought after registering for 1.5 years than i post but i did post b4.... maybe is a bug bah.
post at kopitiam does not contribute any post count.

Status
Not open for further replies.