Help Needed- Must rent/ borrow camera, lens & flashes for wedding shoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the to-be-wed couple, they do not expect results and we are not going to be paid.

from the statement in the 1st thread, you need not bother to do all these(rental etc).

if you really wanna practise wedding photography day shoot. do it alone, w a camera, a standard zoom ( variable aperture is fine since you will end up doing flash most of the time). lots of memory( when in doubt, just take the shot). probably a fast prime for some ambient light shots.

3 photographers are just too much....even for a outdoor album shoot you don need 3 photographers. and you dont need so much equipment.

keep it simple. good learning experience for you but remember, couple not willing to pay and have no expectation on you guys...can give them some photos means you have done good already. they probably just want someone to press the shutter of a camera...doesnt matter if the person doing it is photographer or not

relax dude.....I dun see a reason to feel lousy when the couple is not so bothered themselves .... If you want SWEET memories for the couple and their friends/relatives in terms of quality wedding pics, you have to engage some of them best we have in this forum e.g. JXXX, WXXXX3, CXXXXXN, IAMXXXXXXT ... etc ( not in any particular order ) ;)

If you have not shot weddings before, there are always surprises .... for e.g. 'wet weather' wedding photography, equipment failure, accidents :sweat: You have already laid your cards out..you still need to help your fren..then so be it, be there, shoot and deliver whatever you manage to capture... move on after that ..dun bother to ask yourselves ... will they like my wedding shots ? Hey..it was a 'favour'..... so, keep it that way

Enjoy your shoot, dudes .....

As the saying goes, s*** hits the fan, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the surprises... :think: doesn't sound right eh?

Well, I'm also waiting on the answer from my other friend. Two of us are in limbo now and are 50-50 about this whole business. I'll think over it as I sleep.

Well, at least you know you're not going to be paid for the wedding. I thought I was going to get a big ang bao, but no...
Anyways, since it's a favour, make the best of it.

2 points for you.
1. Have fun
2. Learn as much as possible

Who knows? This might propel you far.

Cheers! All the best for your equipment search.

Thanks, and sorry to hear about what happened to you. We might be getting a small red packet, and have been offered seats at the dinner. But like I said, I am not expecting to eat dinner at that time. If I can finish the day and be confident that the couple has had a great day, and that I have at least a dozen or so good photos for them, I would be deliriously happy.

Equipment-wise, we have no more issues. :D That's right, zero. Some folks have been extremely kind to us, plus a free coaching lesson coming up. We've had plenty of help here.

According to the to-be-wed couple, they do not expect results and we are not going to be paid.

from the statement in the 1st thread, you need not bother to do all these(rental etc).

if you really wanna practise wedding photography day shoot. do it alone, w a camera, a standard zoom ( variable aperture is fine since you will end up doing flash most of the time). lots of memory( when in doubt, just take the shot). probably a fast prime for some ambient light shots.

3 photographers are just too much....even for a outdoor album shoot you don need 3 photographers. and you dont need so much equipment.

keep it simple. good learning experience for you but remember, couple not willing to pay and have no expectation on you guys...can give them some photos means you have done good already. they probably just want someone to press the shutter of a camera...doesnt matter if the person doing it is photographer or not

Well, I could probably look at it that way, but it doesn't go along the lines of how I work. Even if I agree to an unpaid job, I should be responsible to make myself cut up for it, or at least do the necessary preparation to do the best job I can.

Three photographers is quite a number, and even two should probably suffice. That said, we can cover each other's backside, and won't be crowding around the same place at the same time, but will try to show a different view of various moments of the ceremony.

Again, I need to meet up with the couple and some of their relatives and at least assess their level of tolerance for things such as this. At least if we've had a coffee before, they will be more likely to pose naturally in front of my camera.

you might wanna rent 17-55mm. :)

Hmm...good suggestion. We might be getting a fast prime on loan, which would help greatly, depending on what camera we're using it on. For the other two of us, with a decent flash and our current zooms, we would manage fine I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.