Help!! My SLR spoilt??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoomer

Feb 4, 2002
Singapore
reverac.com
Its like this, I tried shooting at 1/3000, and the camera stops halfway (clerk - mirror snaps up and then HANGS there) and the LCD goes out, and the battery blinks. Same with 1/4000.

However, if I press the shutter again, the previous shutter operation completes (clack - mirror resets) and the cam behaves as if nothing happened. If I try again, its okay liao. If I power down the cam and then on it, probelm resurfaces.

Internal electronics spoil?

This happens in shutter piority and manual mode.

Btw: Cam is EOS 50, and battery indicator is full.

Originally posted by Zoomer
Its like this, I tried shooting at 1/3000, and the camera stops halfway (clerk) and the LCD goes out, and the battery blinks. Same with 1/4000.

However, if I press the shutter again, the previous shutter operation completes (clack) and the cam behaves as if nothing happened. If I try again, its okay liao. If I power down the cam and then on it, probelm resurfaces.

Oh.. I think Mega got the same pro b4 with his EOS30...........
hehhehheheee

Okay.

If cannot then I call the person who sold me this thing liao. :D Heng ah he promise to refund if got any problem.

Is it okay to keep turning the thing off and on? Think I have that bad habit.

Okay.

If cannot then I call the person who sold me this thing liao. :D Heng ah he promise to refund if got any problem.

shld be ok lor....

I tested the battery using multimeter. 5.8v.

I take out lens and try, same thing.

Originally posted by SniperD
Wah... U got the camera already???

Yup.
Unfortunately got this problem.

Looks like I have to take MRT down again.

does eos50 have mirror lock up?

what lens are u using? eos bodies have this problem with some 3rd party lenses too, from what i've been reading.

try another lens and see how?

Its like this, I tried shooting at 1/3000, and the camera stops halfway (clerk - mirror snaps up and then HANGS there) and the LCD goes out, and the battery blinks. Same with 1/4000.

However, if I press the shutter again, the previous shutter operation completes (clack - mirror resets) and the cam behaves as if nothing happened. If I try again, its okay liao. If I power down the cam and then on it, probelm resurfaces.

Hi there

could be due to the batt being weak. Can u change the batt coz I had that batt for a while. If problem persist let me know I refund u ok.

Minority

Originally posted by Minority

Hi there

could be due to the batt being weak. Can u change the batt coz I had that batt for a while. If problem persist let me know I refund u ok.

Minority

Thank you. I will do that.

Originally posted by jon33
does eos50 have mirror lock up?

what lens are u using? eos bodies have this problem with some 3rd party lenses too, from what i've been reading.

try another lens and see how?

Its a 28-105 F3.5-4.5 I USM.

Unfortunately, I have no other lenses. Trying w/o the lens gave the same result.

Pity, this body really is in great condition.

Okay.

Well I don't think its bad. but personally I always feel its a good practice not to no-off-on-off the equipmenet really fast coz like all electronics stuff its a good habbit to off and then on after a sec or so. Well thats my practice.

min

hmm...original canon lens shouldn't have probs....prob the cam then. change batt seee how.

poor zoomer..don't worry if u fix this prob you'll apprecaite yr cam even more. ;)

personally i call my cam charlene.:cool:

use new batteries and try again... also, leave the camera to off position for a while before u try again.

Originally posted by Minority

Well I don't think its bad. but personally I always feel its a good practice not to no-off-on-off the equipmenet really fast coz like all electronics stuff its a good habbit to off and then on after a sec or so. Well thats my practice.

min

No, I don't on off it rapidly for fun, but rather sometimes I shut it down, then thought of something else to try.

I'll change the battery and see how. Weird, the batt indicator indicates full batt. And after the first one fail, the 2nd and subsequent attempts sounds okay.

is ur custom function on? CF? mirror lockup?
u got the manual? I can sms u my CF list...

Status
Not open for further replies.