Help!! My SLR spoilt??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by denizenx
is ur custom function on? CF? mirror lockup?
u got the manual? I can sms u my CF list...

Thanks, but I have the manual. I checked. All the CFs inclu 5 is all set to 0.

Try with CF 5 to 1.

Shutter lockup as per normal.
2 seconds later, there is a slight "kak" sound that is like cut off mid-way. Then same problem.

I have gone through the manual, there was a reference saying that the flashing battery symbol need not be battery low but rather, Error. (pg 26)

other shutter speeds? only at 3000 n 4000? does ur bulb work?

or just take it to canon at funan for a checkup.. checkup free

other shutter speeds? only at 3000 n 4000? does ur bulb work?

The other shutter speeds are okay.

Does the free checkup applys for lens as well?

No need warrenty card, right?

How long?

Thanks. :D

you just go there and say your prob... checkup is fast, then they will quote u a cost lor... the repair is the one to wait...
lens just say cannot AF properly? haha

You folks are forgetting something - battery / lens contacts. Did you thoroughly clean the battery contacts? Did you clean the contacts on the lens mount and the lens? My EOS-30 locked up once, and the problem went away once I cleaned the battery contacts.

Originally posted by sriram
You folks are forgetting something - battery / lens contacts. Did you thoroughly clean the battery contacts? Did you clean the contacts on the lens mount and the lens? My EOS-30 locked up once, and the problem went away once I cleaned the battery contacts.

ahhh............. great reminder :D

I think some of the EOS 50 has this problem. My society has a Canon EOS 50E, and the shutter jamed only at very high shutter speeds (1/750 s and faster). Since the camera is p-loaned from Canon, they got the camera checked and the problem shutter was replaced. Think it's problem with the shutter. :)

AH YA ... my EOS 30 is really got problem ... only solution is send to Canon Centre to repair it

Originally posted by megaweb
AH YA ... my EOS 30 is really got problem ... only solution is send to Canon Centre to repair it
What happened?

mega: since when u got such a prob??? still can survive liek that mer? :what:

Originally posted by sriram
What happened?

Originally posted by franciskc
mega: since when u got such a prob??? still can survive liek that mer? :what:

after taking insect shots for sometimes (use mirror lockup) ... the camera started to behave strangely ... when click on the shutter , the whole camera will shut down ... send to Canon centre once and they told me cannot find the fault ... now sending it back for 2nd time liao ... later will collect it back to check.

Originally posted by megaweb
after taking insect shots for sometimes (use mirror lockup) ... the camera started to behave strangely ... when click on the shutter , the whole camera will shut down ... send to Canon centre once and they told me cannot find the fault ... now sending it back for 2nd time liao ... later will collect it back to check.
What lens(es) are you using? Did you send everything down to Canon and show them the problem? It's a good idea to send them the lens as well, since it could very well be a problem with the lens. I hope it's not a Sigma lens...

Weird.

I notice a pattern btw the failures. Seems to happen more when I am in aircon room.

Coincidence?

Btw: can someone recommend a brand and price of a good 2CR5? Don't want to get chop carrot head. :)

dunno if shutter or batt?
I just tried with half full batts... after a few continuous fast shutters the batts die and I get what u said... slow shutters take longer...
I replaced with fresh ones and no prob liao..

it's $9 or less... 9 is at colourlab... erm the 2cr5 I mean
erm dunno I bought the grip to use AAs...
TCW _suddenly_ got a LOT of new bp-50s....

it's $9 or less... 9 is at colourlab... erm the 2cr5 I mean
erm dunno I bought the grip to use AAs...
TCW _suddenly_ got a LOT of new bp-50s....

How much do they sell the bp-50?

dunno last time I search high n low dun have... had to buy a used one for $100! heng the quality was mint...
call them?

Originally posted by Zoomer

How much do they sell the bp-50?

I ask before. from Jon33 they can order a brand new on from canon for $90. the shop opp CP used to be clearing stock at $60. But the last I asked they haved cleared. Its unlikey u can find anyone with old stock as most have cleared it unless its really ulu..

min

Status
Not open for further replies.