Help~! K-x disable DFS

weeern

Feb 10, 2008
Guys i need to disable my k-x v1.01 dark frame subtraction. Everytime i take a shot that is longer than 30 secs.. i need to wait almost the same amount of time then i can take another shot.

Kindly help pls..

:bigeyes:

Don't think you can... this is one good reason to upgrade to K-r or K-5.

you can't... only from the k-r and k-5 onwards (i hope) pentax has allowed you to have the option of turning it off.

30 seconds is no kick la, wait until you have to do 8 minute exposures, then you will cry...

Yah I kena with the waiting game. Put 5mins, camera like not ON, I gundu take out battery somemore.haha. Then realize, ah 5mins of exposure + 5mins of waiting = 10mins. Bring along a coffee.

Yah I kena with the waiting game. Put 5mins, camera like not ON, I gundu take out battery somemore.haha. Then realize, ah 5mins of exposure + 5mins of waiting = 10mins. Bring along a coffee.

same thing happened to me, hahaha.

I hve a possible solution: take multiple exposures, 30s each, and do not compensate exposure. I think it may work. I have yet to try though...

same thing happened to me, hahaha.

I hve a possible solution: take multiple exposures, 30s each, and do not compensate exposure. I think it may work. I have yet to try though...
you will still get DFS.... for 30 seconds.

coffee? I thought we always have beers when waiting :bsmilie:

Extract files on the root of SD card.
For K10D,K20D,K200D & K7D : Open SD trap door while powering the device.
For Km & K2000 : press "Delete" during turn-on.
Enable debug mode : Press right key to change <DIS> to <EN> on the DEBUG MODE line.
Press "OK".
Dark Frame substraction is now off.
If you switch off and on the camera, you will have to press "OK" to validate the settings.
If you want to come back to standard behaviour, set "DEBUG MODE" back to <DIS>.
DFS is now as previously.

dun work.. sian 1/2