Help! I can't switch on my camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pscion12

Jan 28, 2004
I hope you someone here may have a solution to my problem. I have a pentax Z-10 and right now it won't power up even though I have put new batteries in. I flipped the switched and nada.....zero...zilch nothing happens!
I called up the service center and they say it might cost $180-$200+ to get it serviced.

Being the cheapskate...ahem...Thrifty person that I am I'd like to know if anybody else had suffered the same fate and had managed to solve it?

pscion12 said:
I hope you someone here may have a solution to my problem. I have a pentax Z-10 and right now it won't power up even though I have put new batteries in. I flipped the switched and nada.....zero...zilch nothing happens!
I called up the service center and they say it might cost $180-$200+ to get it serviced.

Being the cheapskate...ahem...Thrifty person that I am I'd like to know if anybody else had suffered the same fate and had managed to solve it?

This is probably a silly question, but did you check to see if the polarities are correct? If you have new batteries and the correctly inserted, and it doesn't power up, buy another camera. It's probably cheaper than getting the current one fixed. The old one can be kept as a "for parts" camera. I think Cosmos Trading at Sim Lim Tower might have a Z-10 for sale. Saw several Z-series cameras there but I'm not sure of the model designation.

Status
Not open for further replies.