Help: Buying Flash

there was a big rush for Riva3000 flash a couple of years back. I think we wiped out the entire stock based on words of mouth in this forum. I have been using one since then and so far, i encounter no problem beside the noise during charging and slow recharge time. No prob for me as i am not an event shooter. BTW, the Riva3000 was going for $88 without GST.

Saw a Pentax-mount Riva(dunno what model) in Toa Payoh cash converter last evening for only $12 bucks...it was in the glass cabinet with all the manual cameras...Saw C & N mount as well...all $12 bucks....FYI if anyone is interested...

;p

Since we're on the topic of Flashes...
i'm a K-x user and am thinking of upgrading my flash.. perhaps one off ebay.

is there any difference(s) between getting a PTTL and TTL?
the price difference on ebay for the above flashes are quite significant.....

So if im not wrong for P-ttl the flash uses the light coming TTL for exposure .

And for flash that have auto mode the flash has its own light sensor which exposes correctly through it?
And from what i have read the auto mode is more accurate ?

So far i thought that the metx 48 was good but when it dosent have auto mode i had second thoughts... so is the sigma better ? but then i read that it can be erratic at times :sweat:

Seems like the best are the metz 58 or pentax af540 but these are too ex for me ...:sticktong

Since we're on the topic of Flashes...
i'm a K-x user and am thinking of upgrading my flash.. perhaps one off ebay.

is there any difference(s) between getting a PTTL and TTL?
the price difference on ebay for the above flashes are quite significant.....

There is a sticky in the Pentax forum about flash. Go through that as I posted that for all who are interested to use flash. It was linked from PentaxForums.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692045

The ones we always talk about are:
Pentax AF540/360
Metz 58 AF-1/48 AF-1
Sigma EF530 Super/EF 530 ST

Cheers . . .

Last edited: