Help... 5050 w/ TCON17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Gates

Oct 3, 2003
Mississauga, On
Visit site
hey guys/gals,

i'm want to pick up the TCON17 1.7x when i get my 5050, to improve the 3x optical zoom. but i hear that when you attach the lens, it will disable the viewfinder? which means u have to use the eye lens? is this true?

thanks again

it may block the viewfinder but won't disable it. however, what you see through the view finder is not the same as what you capture.

you can only use the LCD to compose.

Hi,

I am looking for one adaptor ring can you guys help advice me...what is the range of this stepper? Is it 43 to 55 or 43 to 52 or 52 to 55 ? I am really confused.

Thanks

scubanel said:
Hi,

I am looking for one adaptor ring can you guys help advice me...what is the range of this stepper? Is it 43 to 55 or 43 to 52 or 52 to 55 ? I am really confused.

Thanks

Hi Scubane,

you will need the 43-55mm step-up ring from olympus. i believe Tiffen has a 43-55mm as well, but not sure how the fit is. can anyone confirm?

btw, i'm sure your aware, but u also need the CLA1 adapter.

hope this helps.

scubanel said:
Hi,

Thanks

It is rather hard to come by a 43-55. For me, I am using a 43-52 plus a 52-55. This also allows me the flexibility to have other add-on filters that may be more commonly available in 52mm rather than 43mm.

And don't forget you will need the CLA1 adapter too!

Retro said:
It is rather hard to come by a 43-55. For me, I am using a 43-52 plus a 52-55. This also allows me the flexibility to have other add-on filters that may be more commonly available in 52mm rather than 43mm.

And don't forget you will need the CLA1 adapter too!

Wow...wonder how much does a CL4 costs? Any other brands available? Any recommendations??

Thanks guys!

scubanel said:
Wow...wonder how much does a CL4 costs? Any other brands available? Any recommendations??

Thanks guys!

Opps...a CL1 as mentioned not CL4 for the 5050 series

Status
Not open for further replies.