Help... 5050 w/ TCON17


Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Gates

New Member
Oct 3, 2003
7
0
0
45
Mississauga, On
Visit site
#1
hey guys/gals,

i'm want to pick up the TCON17 1.7x when i get my 5050, to improve the 3x optical zoom. but i hear that when you attach the lens, it will disable the viewfinder? which means u have to use the eye lens? is this true?

thanks again
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#2
it may block the viewfinder but won't disable it. however, what you see through the view finder is not the same as what you capture.

you can only use the LCD to compose.
 

scubanel

New Member
Sep 17, 2003
347
0
0
Singapore
#3
Hi,

I am looking for one adaptor ring can you guys help advice me...what is the range of this stepper? Is it 43 to 55 or 43 to 52 or 52 to 55 ? I am really confused.

Thanks
 

Bill Gates

New Member
Oct 3, 2003
7
0
0
45
Mississauga, On
Visit site
#4
scubanel said:
Hi,

I am looking for one adaptor ring can you guys help advice me...what is the range of this stepper? Is it 43 to 55 or 43 to 52 or 52 to 55 ? I am really confused.

Thanks
Hi Scubane,

you will need the 43-55mm step-up ring from olympus. i believe Tiffen has a 43-55mm as well, but not sure how the fit is. can anyone confirm?

btw, i'm sure your aware, but u also need the CLA1 adapter.

hope this helps.
 

#5
scubanel said:
Hi,

I am looking for one adaptor ring can you guys help advice me...what is the range of this stepper? Is it 43 to 55 or 43 to 52 or 52 to 55 ? I am really confused.

Thanks
It is rather hard to come by a 43-55. For me, I am using a 43-52 plus a 52-55. This also allows me the flexibility to have other add-on filters that may be more commonly available in 52mm rather than 43mm.

And don't forget you will need the CLA1 adapter too!
 

scubanel

New Member
Sep 17, 2003
347
0
0
Singapore
#6
Retro said:
It is rather hard to come by a 43-55. For me, I am using a 43-52 plus a 52-55. This also allows me the flexibility to have other add-on filters that may be more commonly available in 52mm rather than 43mm.

And don't forget you will need the CLA1 adapter too!
Wow...wonder how much does a CL4 costs? Any other brands available? Any recommendations??

Thanks guys!
 

scubanel

New Member
Sep 17, 2003
347
0
0
Singapore
#7
scubanel said:
Wow...wonder how much does a CL4 costs? Any other brands available? Any recommendations??

Thanks guys!
Opps...a CL1 as mentioned not CL4 for the 5050 series
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom