Having a brand new phone for only S$60?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
Hey Everybody,
Just sharing some information with fellow CSnappers that I came across on the Internet.

I have been doing some "research" recently because I am planning to upgrade my mobile to a Nokia 7200. I don't mind trading off my current lousy-repair-so-many-god-damn-times phone and topping it up with a bit more cash. So I ended up looking most of the local auction sites.

I happened to come across several links on Yahoo! SG Auctions that you can get a brand new latest mobile phone for just S$60. It is just too freaking unbelivable.

I managed to get the website's address about the "fabulous" offer, but of course with every good thing, there is always a catch.

The catch is, you have to purchase a reference book from them at S$60 after which, you can choose your gift from a wide range of choices. Your name will fall under the list of your "gift" that you have chosen and the list works in such a way, you will get your "gift" faster if the people in front of you is cleared.

One good example - here's the link:
http://www.dualplus.net/index.htm

Although I do understand the fact that there is no such thing as a free lunch but to be frank, I am a bit tempted. :confused:

So if you are me, will you believe in this website? :dunno:

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

this kind sounds a lttle too good to be true....

buy a cheap book and get a hundred over moolas fone for a cheap deal... too easy-going sales tacts if I may say so..

get DBS to check out the acct number and see what it turns up.

but on the safe side, get a good 2nd hand phone and be done with it.. no point with giving yourself the heartpain if anything goes wrong.

Caveat Emptor ;)

mich_2103 said:
So if you are me, will you believe in this website? :dunno:

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

I have came across such site before, it is too good to be true. I don't believe in them. I have sold and bought lots of used phones on the net, I still prefer meet up and COD.

It's a scam. Seriously. Just do the math.

One person requires 5 others to join. For every person who gets a phone, 4 others will NOT get the phone.

If you're the 100th person to buy the book, you need to wait for the 500th (or so) purchase. If you're the 1000th person, well, you may never get the phone. Eventually, the book purchasing stops and the leftover people on the prize list will be left waiting indefinitely.

And heh, here's the best part. They just have to populate the first 1000 or so names with their own names, or fake a list - they may never have to send out a single phone. Note that their 'testimonials' section is 'under construction'.

Status
Not open for further replies.