Have you sent your Fuji lens for service before ?

Ralf Winston

Oct 26, 2013
What's your experience like ?

I recently sent one of my zoom in for service because it was emitting some noise when in use. think it is coming from the stabilization motor.

I asked them what's wrong, they didn't say anything.

Then i asked them how long it will take to fix the problem, again, they can't tell me. instead, they asked me when I would like to collect back my lens. :rolleyes:

You can't tell me when the problem can be fixed , but you want me to tell you when i want it back ? As soon as possible lah. So i give them a date. 1 week.

so 1 week later, i called up, they say "didn't anyone tell you it takes 2 to 3 weeks?". No. And I was told the technician was on leave.

The whole Fujifilm Singapore relies on 1 technician to oversea servicing of their lenses and cameras ?

What is it that needs to be fixed that take 2 to 3 weeks? They can at least tell the customers what's going on so that the customer know what to expect.

So now i know why it's taking so long because the technician not around.

Similar experience. Cannot compare with Canon ...

i had no issue, so far so good

What's your experience like ?

I recently sent one of my zoom in for service because it was emitting some noise when in use. think it is coming from the stabilization motor.

I asked them what's wrong, they didn't say anything.

Then i asked them how long it will take to fix the problem, again, they can't tell me. instead, they asked me when I would like to collect back my lens. :rolleyes:

You can't tell me when the problem can be fixed , but you want me to tell you when i want it back ? As soon as possible lah. So i give them a date. 1 week.

so 1 week later, i called up, they say "didn't anyone tell you it takes 2 to 3 weeks?". No. And I was told the technician was on leave.

The whole Fujifilm Singapore relies on 1 technician to oversea servicing of their lenses and cameras ?

What is it that needs to be fixed that take 2 to 3 weeks? They can at least tell the customers what's going on so that the customer know what to expect.

So now i know why it's taking so long because the technician not around.

I have very good experiences with Fuji service centre for many years. And often in touch with them for advises.
If you get to know them better, you will understand that they are very nice persons. Just that they have too little people to do too many things.
Do you know how many engineers they have? Only 2 or 3. (Other companies have way much bigger service team)
From what I know, they are not only supporting local cameras, they are also servicing cameras and lens from other countries. They are not solely repairing one or two camera only.
They are also the one answering phonecalls and emails, at the counter taking over the counter jobs and gift redemption etc.
If one of them on MC or urgent leave, there might be no time to handover jobs properly to other engineers. Others may not even know whats' going on.

If you are in a hurry to collect back, just let them know nicely. I believes they will try their best for you.

Last edited:
The info helps to understand the situation. But, from company point of view, if staffs are over loaded and caused a delay in service, the issue should be resolved.