HASSELBLAD USERS GROUP - The Second episode.

Hi,

With my limited technical knowledge, I think that makes sense. What do you mean by lines/mm?

If I did get the D800 I was intending to use my Ais lenses with them, I guess I won't be getting the best of the D800 with those lenses now would I?

Lines / mm are measurements used by the lenses manufacturers to to check resolution .
test charts having tiny lines are counted in one mm of a test image .

Some people might feel that , we might as well get a cheaper 12 million pixel camera if we cant achieve 30 million pixels .

Though for pro photographers , their customers will get 30 million pixel of raw image .
Maybe thinking they are getting Medium format raw ?

Lines / mm are measurements used by the lenses manufacturers to to check resolution .
test charts having tiny lines are counted in one mm of a test image .

Some people might feel that , we might as well get a cheaper 12 million pixel camera if we cant achieve 30 million pixels .

Though for pro photographers , their customers will get 30 million pixel of raw image .
Maybe thinking they are getting Medium format raw ?

Hmm, I see. That's all very new to me. I just read on Nikon Rumors that Zeiss had developed a new distagon lens..supposed to be high end for higher resolution cameras above 30MP. The thing costs EUR03,000. The samples on the site look sharp, like super sharp. But at EUR3,000? I'm seriously re-considering getting the D800 now. It's almost like if I can't get the best out of the camera with the lenses I have now and I am heavily invested in nikon glass..should I really get the camera? Will future lenses cost close to as much just to handle the 30MP resolution?

This is all just my opinion of course, I guess it would be a different story if I could afford a lens at EUR3,000. Let's hope if nikon makes new glass to handle that kind of resolution it'll be cheaper haha.

135 mm lenses optimise to fall on a 24x 36 mm format ( 24x36 = 864 sq mm )
The larger medium format lenses calculate to fall on 64.5x 60mm format ( 64.5x 60 = 3870 sq mm )
Difference between formats , 3870 divide by 864 = 4.479 factor.
And , if we accept 12 million is max for 135 format , then , 4.479 x 12 million equals 53.75 million pixels for medium format .
Makes sense ?

Yeah, I know what you mean. Hasselblad has a 60 and 200 megapixel, Phaseone has a 80 megapixel...

What i am saying is based on this theory when the DSLR companies introduce cameras which exceeds the range, they are stretching the limit. While MF companies does this, they know what they are doing? This theory works one sided wor?

The Hasselblad 200 is actually a 50 megapixel chip shot 4 times to give 200 megapixels .
The 60 is a slightly bigger chip than the 50 .
The Phase one 80 is actually 40 mill .
All within the lens specs .

oh if it matters to anyone...

originally i was kinda concerned if the current H lenses for Hassy or the Phase One lenses could keep up with the >50 MP digital backs... figuring that they'd obviously get out resolved at some point.

as far as i can tell, for my personal shooting. so far, okay leh. but take this from the guy who think the sony rx100 does a fabulous job at capturing reasonable detail. my standards are not very high.

love my H4D, and doubt i'll ever sell it. happy to shoot this system for another decade @ iso 50 and f/8-f/11. i think what counts now is good images and great pictures, rather than resolution charts, absolute perfect sharpness (i lust for a Leica S2 once in a while) and so on. just travel, shoot, enjoy, share. be happy.

Shriro's Christmas Sale for Hasselblad Users -

HC 4.5 300mm with H 1.7x 9( normally $ 9900 nett ) at only $ 6880 nett.
And or ,
HCD 35- 90 mm ( normally $ 9880 nett ) now at only $ 8200 nett

Whilst stocks last.

Looking forward to 2013 for the H5D and the Lunar cameras .
Maybe can Huat ah ! and even get both .
Meanwhile , cheers everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Bryan Kit Foong is in the Finals of the Hasselblad Masters 2014 !
Now is the Public Voting process .

Please log in and support our local boy :-
ShowMastersPublicJuryVerifyEmail

Tay Kay Chin was our last Hasselblad Master during the double framed film Expan days .

Dear all,

Can anyone recommend a good camera service? I need to do CLA to all the follow lenses and body

All are hasselblad V series lenses and body. Older version.

40mm, 50mm, 80mm, 150mm, 250mm and 500cm body.

How much will all these servicing cost?

For the servicing of old cameras/lens , no two repair / servicing job can be the same .
Availability of Parts and Calibration equipment are the other issues .
In the history of Hasselblad in Singapore , only 3 have been trained.

Phillip Tay - now runs a repair shop in Geylang .
Ah Sim - Chief Tech at Nikon now.
Boon Soon - Still at Shriro Singapore -Hasselblad Service Center.

My View - All the rest are rubbish .
If you dont have the right tools to open a Hassy ,
And the Calibration equipment to make sure everything is right after cleaning , dont try .
That is why most of the used stuff being sold have probably been opened by some kid.
It would be like asking a backyard mechanic to tune a Zonda.

If budget is an issue than try sending in one at a time .
You get the feel of the workmanship.
And appreciate the well-oiled precision better.

Bryan Kit Foong is in the Finals of the Hasselblad Masters 2014 !
Now is the Public Voting process .

Please log in and support our local boy :-
ShowMastersPublicJuryVerifyEmail

Tay Kay Chin was our last Hasselblad Master during the double framed film Expan days .

Bryan is now in the Lead !
keep those votes coming in .

And Happy Chinese New Year !

I have a V-series 80mm planar lens that is sticking at speeds below 1/8.
Are there any people in Singapore who can repair this lens?

I have a V-series 80mm planar lens that is sticking at speeds below 1/8.
Are there any people in Singapore who can repair this lens?

Sometimes , the answer could be just a lines up .

The Hasselblad Offer of H4D 31 for Students of Photographic schools is now CLOSED.
All 200 units offered have been snapped up .
Some have acquired it through the help of some student friends .
Nevertheless . . ..

Lots of exciting things happening for hasselblad this year .
H5D , Lunar , a Compact and a SLR camera.