HASSELBLAD USERS GROUP - The Second episode.

Axeleaf

Sep 22, 2008
Mid-western
Welcome to All Photographers who Have , Had or would love to have an Hasselblad Camera .
The Group and the thread was founded in 2008 by Singscott and established 1000 postings .
We go henceforth from here in 2012 with earnest .

From Hasselblads earlier :- 'To Help Photographers Achieve Their Photographic Potential'

to the current :- " Taking Photography Further "

Last edited:
It would be extremely useful (I feel), is someone did list at least the current models and their selling prices (reconditioned ones too) would have been even better. In MF there is "only" Hassy and PhaseOne so the Apple to Apple comparison (for me) does come down to $ and c...

What I found so far from the previous discussion:

> H4D 40 with HV 80mm = $ 27,000. before 7% gst.
> H4D 31 with HC 2.8,80mm lens ( kit set ) is $18k .
> A used H3D 31 kit could be about $12k .

Here's a note from our local Hassy distributor who has been organising training and entertainment for us these 3 years :-

" Hello Esteemed photographer ,

Happy Chinese New Year !

Our offer for this festive season is :-

Buy a Hasselblad H4D 40 with HC f2.8/80mm and get another lens at 50% off .
Eg . H4D 40 plus HC 2.8/80mm and HCD f4/28 at only $ 30,000 before 7%gst .

Offer is only up to 30th January 2012 .

Have a Great New Year !

Denis Lim
Senior Sales Manager
Photographic Division "

Heard mr. Wong of Fotografix Marketing is offering a new H4D31 with lens for $ 18,800 with gst .
And a second hand shop in Peninsula has a H4D40 kit ( USA version ) for $ 20k .
Also , David of P&G Adelphi has a H4D 50 body ( normally $ 42k) for $ 33k nett.
But , by the time you read this maybe gone already. . .

Hi Megahook, many thanks for the help. Its worthwhile to know how much one needs to save... :)

Actually , some of the HUG members do this if they are interested to buy in :-
They tell Denis or Pamela that they are interested to buy a H3DII 31 or H3D 31 for say $ 12 k or 9k respectively .
D and P will inform the existing owners of these older cameras and they have a chance to top up the difference to upgrade to the new H4D31 or H4D40 .
The Pre owned cameras would have a higher chance of being in good condition than the ones the owner sells to the 2nd dealers.
Its normally a win - win for all parties .
Shriro will assist but do not sell second hand .
They have the History and the connections for the cameras.

Last edited:
Many thanks zlimmer. Possibly the time is getting wripe to visit Denis...!

Great stuff , PC is good ! and I was told , he shared his technique during one of the Hassel gatherings .
Wonder whether he is gonna do it again . . .

Pls excuse if this short post is nothing much... but it's the best place to think I can get help.

I am looking for a Hasselblad B60 UV or Skylight filter. Anyone know where I can buy one? Appreciate you pass me the contact. Thanks very much in advance.
Freddie 96314363 sf_kang@pacific.net.sg

Just wondering if it is worthwhile to get a digital back, e.g. CFV39, CFV50 or the Leaf AptusII, to use with my V-System? I have the following:
503CXi body, CF T* lenses Planar 80mm, Makro Planar 120mm, Sonnar 180mm. I also have a 903SWC.
Any advice or sharing of your experience would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Fred

CFV 39 already discontinued .
CFV 50 is about $ 22k before tax.
It should be a great buy since you already have the lenses.
A H4D50 is about $33k .

Pls excuse if this short post is nothing much... but it's the best place to think I can get help.

I am looking for a Hasselblad B60 UV or Skylight filter. Anyone know where I can buy one? Appreciate you pass me the contact. Thanks very much in advance.
Freddie 96314363 sf_kang@pacific.net.sg

got mine last year from Mr. Wong of Fotografix marketing - 9783 1271.
may not be back from CNY migration to KL , till next week .

My hero on htv :- Sean Conboy using a H4D 60 with HTS 1.5 and also a Linhof techno !

Megahook said:
Liked the other vid better of Old photographer shoots digital cfv 50 on his SWC .
When I retire , this is probably what I wanna be doing :-
Hasselblad SWC. Now I shoot digital | Hasselblad tv .

Sui. I like the way the view finder works and the pace of things. Quality rather than quantity. He certainly makes me feel like doing pictures again. :)