Hasselblad User Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha. yes yes. is it safe to touch the screen? cos i know slr screens are out of bounds. but seems like mf cameras got hardy ground glass.

yeah, the focusing screens are cool, but the mirror I would advise otherside, there are lots of tiny mechanism at the side, holding the mirror. So Not too sure how this would get affected if you touch the mirror to clean it.

yeah, the focusing screens are cool, but the mirror I would advise otherside, there are lots of tiny mechanism at the side, holding the mirror. So Not too sure how this would get affected if you touch the mirror to clean it.

i hope it doesnt affect the focusing screen but i will just live with a filthy mirror for the time being and use a lenspen brush to clean the focusing screen.

Last edited:
Sorry guys !
We have to cancel tomorrows gathering .
The intended speaker could not come back to Singapore on time .
And most of the Gathering Committee not available .
(More Volunteers please ! )
So Skip January , and we will do a bigger one on 2nd Febuary .
Cheers !:p

Gathering Committee... LOL

When is Pat going to organize her "Zeiss lens" gathering?

Sorry guys !
We have to cancel tomorrows gathering .
The intended speaker could not come back to Singapore on time .
And most of the Gathering Committee not available .
(More Volunteers please ! )
So Skip January , and we will do a bigger one on 2nd Febuary .
Cheers !:p

Pre-CNY gathering, can Lo-Hei liao ...... :)

how to register for next session? is it closed? (sorry for newbie questions)
Your interest is noted .
'Lo Hei' HUG is 2nd Febuary 2010 . Shriro House . 11, Chang Charn Road , # 06-01 , "Studio @ 6 th Floor" , 7- 9 pm .
All CNY cookies welcomed . Speaker is not confirmed yet .
Lucky draw will be Hasselblad Caps and Free Loan of Hasselblad H3D 22 for the weekend !

:p

Your interest is noted .
'Lo Hei' HUG is 2nd Febuary 2010 . Shriro House . 11, Chang Charn Road , # 06-01 , "Studio @ 6 th Floor" , 7- 9 pm .
Lucky draw will be Hasselblad Caps and Free Loan of Hasselblad H3D 22 for the weekend !

Sounds good! I will try to make it if I'm not jet-lagged!

Your interest is noted .

:lovegrin:

Heard that KEN SEET , who sold his Phase One P45s to buy the award winning Hasselblad H3DII 50 last year will be using this great camera on a Fine Arts series for an exhibition .
He has not had a personal exhibition for a few years now .
This could be the camera to inspire him .
Good News is that we would be able to peek at his works in the coming HUGs . ..:p

Sound system committee please come up with something modern and not the stuff we hear around Chinatown this time of the year . . .
Heard that the Food committee is working hard for this CNY gathering .
tskye will be pleased .:cool:

wow. nice to hear about the great things coming up.

been so busy and missing everyone. hehe. Will pop by this time for hong bao. opps.

Hi All,

Would like to ask if anyone ever had the same issue with focusing screen.

I had installed a split focusing screen (Acute Matte D) on a 500CM.

When tried to focus on a very far distance object (building), by setting the lens all the way to infinity, somehow the the focusing screen split image can never get in-line, it still shows a very minor split not matter how hard i try to focus back and forth.

Can this issue be an issue of faulty focusing screen (Acute Matte D) ? or something else.

Many Thanks for your advise.

Rgds
Ed

Hi All,

Would like to ask if anyone ever had the same issue with focusing screen.

I had installed a split focusing screen (Acute Matte D) on a 500CM.

When tried to focus on a very far distance object (building), by setting the lens all the way to infinity, somehow the the focusing screen split image can never get in-line, it still shows a very minor split not matter how hard i try to focus back and forth.

Can this issue be an issue of faulty focusing screen (Acute Matte D) ? or something else.

I might be wrong, but I've shot with both a standard screen and an acute matte d with the same issue at infinity (not getting them completely aligned), and have not had any issues with subjects that are really far away.

For me, I think focusing accuracy is more critical with distances between 1 - 5m when wide open, because that's what I usually shoot at, and likewise have experienced no issues.

I might be wrong, but I've shot with both a standard screen and an acute matte d with the same issue at infinity (not getting them completely aligned), and have not had any issues with subjects that are really far away.

For me, I think focusing accuracy is more critical with distances between 1 - 5m when wide open, because that's what I usually shoot at, and likewise have experienced no issues.
Hi Mykelism,

Thanks for the advise and help.

I received smiliar opinions when I went around to ask yesterday and was told this is a common case when using the "Acute Matte D", which will not affect outcome of the image, even though 100% alignment was not obtain.

Thanks
Ed

Looks more like a calibration problem on the camera.

A lens at infinity should have the image fall perfectly on the film plane .

If the screens do not give perfect alignment then it is a mirror problem .
The mirror is supposed to deflect at 45 degrees up the focus hood through the focus screen for viewing and aid lens focus.

Better to have the camera checked .:cool:

Ah, finally I found an adapter that fits the 40mm tightly

4302170239_d7b099c85d_b.jpg

now can try shooting long exposures :p

Status
Not open for further replies.