[Hak] Iceland, March 2014

Lovely shots! Really wonderful pictures so far. Keep them coming :)

We rushed to Kirkjufellfoss after a 6 hour drive, hoping for a spectacular sunset since we had pretty good weather along the way. Sadly, the clouds came and the sky turned gloomy during the sunset timing.

Located in the middle of nowhere, I doubt we will be able to find this without the help of our GPS. This is the wreckage of a US Navy airplane that crashed in Iceland back in 1973.

The waves along the coast of Iceland were really huge, but beautiful. This was taken at Vik, hand held for 0.25 sec on the 70-200mm, so it may not be as sharp because of the strong winds blowing at me.

Sunset at the magnificent Godafoss, which means waterfall of the gods

Reactions: match80
Fantastic thread. Really effort to locate the plane wreckage. The photo is really worth the trouble.

brilliant shots all around. camping for more!

Fantastic thread. Really effort to locate the plane wreckage. The photo is really worth the trouble.

brilliant shots all around. camping for more!

Thanks guys! As for the plane wreckage, these days I think it's much easier since there's GPS, and the GPS even plots the exact route to get there.

The clouds were moving pretty fast, so I did a long exposure shot at the church in Vik town.

Love all the pics. It's really a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing!

Is it possible to change sgd in iceland? Or just change everything to credit card?

Love all the pics. It's really a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! :D

Is it possible to change sgd in iceland? Or just change everything to credit card?

I didn't try changing SGD there, but I doubt they will accept. I changed about 100 euros to ISK at their airport, just in case, but I didn't really need the cash, since we paid for everything using credit card.

already liking this iceland series on facebook, liking them here too!

i hope to visit iceland again too haha