hair-like particle in lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoamatuer

Mar 24, 2004
Bukit Panjang
Help.....

Will a small & short hair-like dust particle in my 50mm lens affect the outcome of my pictures? Its quite prominent when I look through the lens. Can be seen by the naked eye under direct light.

Does this mean that I will need this lens to be cleaned?

yes.....best is to remove it..otherwise juz take a few shost first and see if it affets the outcome in any way..

Hi Witness,

Ya, will try to take a few shots and see.

If really got problem, what do I see in my pictures? The same hair-like particle in my picture or a white object in the picture?

The only way is to send to Canon for cleaning right? Since mine is a EF 50mm lens. No other cheaper solution/. :)

Thanks in advance.

I've got the same problem too, in one of my bigger lenses. There'a a hair like particle stuck in one of the internal elements, between 5mm and 10mm in size, and its all wriggly (like a giant dust particle). Its stuck near the edge of the lens element though, so far does not seem to affect any of my pics nor the AF of the lens. Been wondering whether to send it to Canon for service, but the lens is quite old liao (bought 2nd hand) and no warranty. Too troublesome also, to send it in.

If you find that the dust particle affects your pictures in some way, or that its an eyesore, well, just send it in to Canon Service Centre for cleaning. Like the previous person suggested, try take a few test shots at different apertures to see.

Thanks Garion,

ya, mine is about 10mm wriggling looking hair, sama sama, quite irritating, stuck in between internal lens, got it 2nd hand and no more warranty and hope the pic turns out ok.

Will try out the pics this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.