hair in veiwfinder..need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swatch

Oct 28, 2005
Highlander
There is this hair stuck in my 350d's viewfinder,i couldnt rremove it with cotton buds,anyone got a solution or does warranty cover this? TIA

Swatch said:
There is this hair stuck in my 350d's viewfinder,i couldnt rremove it with cotton buds,anyone got a solution or does warranty cover this? TIA

my advise is dun bother, more stuff will come in your viewfinder, even the weather seal 1 series cameras prism cannot escape this with usage.

the canon tech will have to 'tear' open up your camera to clean it, $120 i guess. does not cover under warrantly.

Check your mirror Bro,
Maybe the hair it's in the mirror.

Last time i saw Dust in my viewfinder, I thought It was inside my lens, but then I realised it's on the hot mirror. Hope it helps. :)

Er... Does a blower help? I managed to clear mine the last time by blowing it with a blower... :think:

Yup found out that the problem is in the um....ontop the mirror,but the more i clean, the more it gets worse,so i decided not to clean by myself...my blower cannot blow it away,so i used the brush,made it worse...then used cloth,still cannot wipe away... aiyo...:sweatsm:

Swatch said:
Yup found out that the problem is in the um....ontop the mirror,but the more i clean, the more it gets worse,so i decided not to clean by myself...my blower cannot blow it away,so i used the brush,made it worse...then used cloth,still cannot wipe away... aiyo...:sweatsm:

Hmm...gel coated hair? How come so much "staying power"? Strong blow should dislodge it.

Dont' bother lah...unless it gets into your picture. If you're worried, just send it to Canon to get it removed.

You'll have lots of it after prolonged use of the camera. This shows that you're fully utilising it! :bsmilie:

Swatch said:

solarii said:
Hmm...gel coated hair? How come so much "staying power"? Strong blow should dislodge it.
dont think so...I suspect its velcro..the furry part,was putting it on my flash...

Is it on your focussing screen?

A few months after I got my 300D, i saw a hair on mine.
Tried to remove it... BAD BAD BAD BADBAD
I tried to use a brush... BAD BAD BAD BAD. got all this rubbish on the focussing screen
then tried to use a tissue... BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD more rubbish!!!

well, for almost the past 2 years been using a 300D with dirty focusing screen, but still focuses alright,... i think!

Yea my focusing screen on my 300V has this anoying speck of dirt next to the AF point that i've been trying to getrid of is is safe to use the lens cleaning solution on the focusing screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.