GX1 coming on November 8! With G3 sensor + specs leaked!

The video is cool !! the silver/titanium one looks very nice..

tbh, im disappointed. On the bright side, it convinces me to choose G3 over this. Thanks panasonic. So much for the hype.

Just appearance alone, it doesnt appeal to me.. I find the GF1 much nicer-looking than this..:(

Wow, I like the GX1 shape and size!

only question is availability... really nice!

eventidephoenix said:
only question is availability... really nice!

Now I'm confused. Looking for a 2nd cam. But deciding bet e-pm1/ gf3 / gx1 ...

So many dissapointment, dunno what everyone is expecting ??? A Leica M9 beating m43 camera that cost 1/2 of GF3 ??

Some are dissapointed with the look, some with the lack of EVF. GF1 is one of the best looking camera around, and seriously, look is seldom high in my priorities in choosing a camera (unless it's ugly). And since there is a nice external EVF that you can buy, not sure what is the big hu-hah over lack of EVF. I actually prefer the option to have the EVF detachable for size trade-off. Maybe dude worry that after buying the camera, people still thought you're carrying the old GF1, no face....

Here comes a small m43 camera with an excellent sensor (considering it should be same as G3), lots of external manual control (which we all like from GF1), coupled with a very high resolution external EVF, seems to have the best AF speed in its class. I'm puzzled ??? Unless this is price rediculously high, I will definitely be getting one to replace my GF1.

By the way, any idea when they're selling in Singapore ?

Getting the G3 sensor alone into the GF1 body is so much worth the upgrade already. Couple that with the new core/processing engine + improved focusing speed, plus the capability to use a (finally!) high resolution EVF. Good thing I didn't jump on the E-P3 just yet. Time to save some money, and make the decision later.

The AF for Panasonic cameras is nearly as fast or as fast as Olympus' new cameras since the GH2. Honestly, people buy the hype way too much.

It was expected of the GH2 though, since it was supposed to be a high-end m43 camera (it clearly stood out in terms of specs + price). All Oly did was make the AF performance mainstream.

So AF performance is no longer a selling point but a given. I wonder what they'll be nailing next.

It was expected of the GH2 though, since it was supposed to be a high-end m43 camera (it clearly stood out in terms of specs + price). All Oly did was make the AF performance mainstream.

So AF performance is no longer a selling point but a given. I wonder what they'll be nailing next.

More APS-C like performance for starters.

The matching with black, silver and red looks like some sort of gadget that those Sunday morning 'Mask Rider' or 'Power Ranger' would use :D

Can't say I agree with the grip on the GX1 (looks odd). Though I won't be surprised that the grip will work well like the one on G3.

Sensor performance should be good, w/o doubt, since the G3 one is already very good.

i wonder what would be the retail price...is this model between G and GF series? i hope there is a body only price like in US(at $699 ) and hopefully retail at 800 plus body only...

From m43rumour

The GX1 is able to match the more than impressive results obtained with the G3 earlier in the year. Shooting a couple of subjects outdoors in fading light and also indoors under dim artificial lights, we found the GX1 delivered excellent, virtually noise-free results up to ISO 800 with ISO 1600. Above this, ISO 3200 is actually still quite useable, despite noise becoming more noticeable

More APS-C like performance for starters.

You mean better dynamic range and less noise in low light shooting?

The GH2 sensor is better for dynamic range but apparently, the cost is stopping the use of its technology in other sensors. Too bad Panasonic didn't purchase Kodak's sensor division. They really could use some help.

bousozoku said:
You mean better dynamic range and less noise in low light shooting?

The GH2 sensor is better for dynamic range but apparently, the cost is stopping the use of its technology in other sensors. Too bad Panasonic didn't purchase Kodak's sensor division. They really could use some help.

Kodak is good in ccd, which is only good for resolution at low iso.

Nowadays if u notice, people are crazy over high iso at the expense of low iso performance.