GX1 coming on November 8! With G3 sensor + specs leaked!

Any shop confirmed when GX1 coming? I called last week and was told by early next year, wonder if anything has changed since cause Christmas is coming and I am pretty sure that Panasonic will want this to be out during the holiday shopping season. Looking for the GX1 body. ;p

Spoke to Panasonic and was told that it would be available 'late this month'. May be just in time for X'mas, or New Year?

Spoke to Panasonic and was told that it would be available 'late this month'. May be just in time for X'mas, or New Year?

lol.. my "CFO" at home will shoot me if i come home with another camera body.. lol.. just got the GF3X on pretext that it was for my daughter.. hmmm.. what excuse can i use for the GX1 :think:

lol.. my "CFO" at home will shoot me if i come home with another camera body.. lol.. just got the GF3X on pretext that it was for my daughter.. hmmm.. what excuse can i use for the GX1 :think:
You won it in your company's lucky draw. She will be happy and you will be too, win-win.

xmaspromo.jpg

http://lumix.panasonic.com.sg/lumixg/pdf/Lumix Flyer FA.pdf

omgomgomg but none of the stores have it in stock! Very moody... :(

Flyer wo stocks.... Not very astute marketing.... But poison poison poison!

Yeah, it seems no one knows exactly if it's even gonna be launched locally before the 2nd of Jan 2012 (which is when the promotion ends btw). Most of the local shops i asked mentioned probably early Jan.

Just hope Panasonic did get their calculations right. I'm just aching to get my hands on one!

Yeah, it seems no one knows exactly if it's even gonna be launched locally before the 2nd of Jan 2012 (which is when the promotion ends btw). Most of the local shops i asked mentioned probably early Jan.

Just hope Panasonic did get their calculations right. I'm just aching to get my hands on one!

Which kit you getting? Both kits very tempting leh. One got 2 lens, one is the latest version of the X lens. Argh.

Which kit you getting? Both kits very tempting leh. One got 2 lens, one is the latest version of the X lens. Argh.

Just the body for me ATM, considering i'm only into street photog, don't think the kit lens will come in vv handy at all.

I've my eyes set on a portrait lens after that and i'm about done for the moment.

Just the body for me ATM, considering i'm only into street photog, don't think the kit lens will come in vv handy at all.

I've my eyes set on a portrait lens after that and i'm about done for the moment.

Very, very limited stocks for body alone units. If you guys are keen on just body alone, better go by a dealer and check if they accept pre-orders.

Will be hooting the X lens kit for me. No point getting the G14-42 as I still find it way too big (might as well get NEX if I can accept that lens size). Unless using the old 14-45 for better optical quality. 14mm pancake is like not here nor there (not fast enough and cannot zoom).

GX1 with X14-42 and 20mm makes it a wonderful do-it-all kit for travel. :) (my pancakes kit)

Last edited:
Will be hooting the X lens kit for me. No point getting the G14-42 as I still find it way too big (might as well get NEX if I can accept that lens size). Unless using the old 14-45 for better optical quality. 14mm pancake is like not here nor there (not fast enough and cannot zoom).

GX1 with X14-42 and 20mm makes it a wonderful do-it-all kit for travel. :) (my pancakes kit)

Yeah, thoughts the same here. I was thinking of going with the X14-42 and X45-175 for my adventure trips.

Anyone saw any stock for it anywhere? I called Panny SG and they say still haven't land in SG yet. Yet they list it in their brochure.

Anyone saw any stock for it anywhere? I called Panny SG and they say still haven't land in SG yet. Yet they list it in their brochure.

It's a matter of perception:

Imagine consumers who flips the brochure when stocks have arrived:

1. If the camera isn't in it, they will ask, "Why isn't your camera inside?"
2. If the camera has a "Coming soon", they will ask, "Isn't it already here?

Hi zan82, will the viewfinder be available at the same time?

Bro Zan82 should be the best person to answer this. :)

He say his answer same as the facebook one, which is before christmas. :(

Just been updated by my favourite shop that GX1 (option of body only, with x14-42, with 14mm and G14-42) coming to shops on 20th Dec.

So get all your cash ready my brothers!!! :devil:

Just been updated by my favourite shop that GX1 (option of body only, with x14-42, with 14mm and G14-42) coming to shops on 20th Dec.

So get all your cash ready my brothers!!! :devil:

any price indication? from msc?