TS, lens borrowing/lending both won't work....:bsmilie:
don't strain the relationship....

What do u mean by ergonomic with big lens? dun understand. hahaa

Not user friendly...

Ergonomics=design of the product=user friendly:dunno:

From http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ergonomics
er·go·nom·ics (ûrg-nmks)
n.
1. (used with a sing. verb) The applied science of equipment design, as for the workplace, intended to maximize productivity by reducing operator fatigue and discomfort. Also called biotechnology, human engineering, human factors engineering.
2. (used with a pl. verb) Design factors, as for the workplace, intended to maximize productivity by minimizing operator fatigue and discomfort: The ergonomics of the new office were felt to be optimal.

Not 100% about user friendliness. Ergonomics in this case refers to designs in relation to physical comfort in the course of using the product.

A product can be user friendly (easy to use) but totally lousy in ergonomics (uncomfortable to use) at the same time.

Last edited:
Ergonomics=design of the product=user friendly:dunno:

Dude, basically it means getting to where u want or what u want ( dials, buttons, menu items) at the shortest time possible or handling or ease of use...

Last edited:
Dude, basically it means getting to where u want or what u want ( dials, buttons, menu items) at the shortest time possible or handling or ease of use...

Hehe cos i very long never read dictionary already so:sweat::sweat::embrass:

i see. thnks guys. So in the end get the best feel of the camera of what i want right?? =)
There is no definite answer. Unless you try, won`t know.

Some people have this weird belief that when using long and heavy lenses, it is better to have a much heavier camera body, so it can balance.

Personally, I do not believe in that as total weight matters to me more. If the lens is heavy, I just have to hold the lens more than the camera body. Or find a better balance point on the lens where I hold the lens with my left hand. Thats all. To each his own, I'll say.

It is not a "weird belief". :confused:
But, whatever... :dunno:

Doesn't matter if TS always shoots with the tripod anyways... :bsmilie:

TS: D90 it is then? BUY BUY BUY.............

I wish i got sponsor. But sad to say, i cant buy now. have to wait for 10 months later. LOL saving up ar.

What? :eek:

Your name is candylies man. Find a sugar mama.

Maybe you can get the D3s that numnumball is suggesting then.

Ok bro. I admit. I am the weird one. :bsmilie:

I wish i got sponsor. But sad to say, i cant buy now. have to wait for 10 months later. LOL saving up ar.
if buying is hard...there is always the various rental services for that special moment when die die need the effect a specific lens can give.

:eek: :bigeyes: :faint:

10 more months, and you are asking now? And we all went over hoops and loops to help you out. Dude, in 10 months time, most of what we said here will not apply anymore. New models, new technology, new pricing.

You should have mentioned your purchase timeline in the beginning. :sweat:

Ok bro. I admit. I am the weird one. :bsmilie:

Nah. Probably cos you've not tried trying to shoot manual focus a slightly larger 135mm lens on the D40 before. It was a real pain......

if buying is hard...there is always the various rental services for that special moment when die die need the effect a specific lens can give.

TS needs to rent a body first I think. Lost already...

:eek: :bigeyes: :faint:

10 more months, and you are asking now? And we all went over hoops and loops to help you out. Dude, in 10 months time, most of what we said here will not apply anymore. New models, new technology, new pricing.

You should have mentioned your purchase timeline in the beginning. :sweat:
one thing that will not change is that still need to learn to use a camera...whatever and however it may be like 10 months down the road. :sweat:

one thing that will not change is that still need to learn to use a camera...whatever and however it may be like 10 months down the road. :sweat:

I am not sure which planet you just flew in from, but this entire thread was focused on talking about current camera gear the TS should look at according to his budget. All that is going to change a lot in 10 months. That is almost a year leh.

Nah. Probably cos you've not tried trying to shoot manual focus a slightly larger 135mm lens on the D40 before. It was a real pain......

TS needs to rent a body first I think. Lost already...

Well, I did a 50/1.2 ais on a D40x before. But nothing close to the 135f2dc.

Well, I did a 50/1.2 ais on a D40x before. But nothing close to the 135f2dc.

Okay. It's just slightly more painful. :bsmilie:

EDIT: I didn't get to try the DC lens with the D40 actually. It was another 135mm lens.

I am not sure which planet you just flew in from, but this entire thread was focused on talking about current camera gear the TS should look at according to his budget. All that is going to change a lot in 10 months. That is almost a year leh.
what i inferred was no matter what camera the TS will get 10 months down the road, still need to learn how to use. Thats probably one thing that will never change.