Guys, i need help!

Guys i am sorry for not putting in the dateline, i really don't know that it really matters alot. Please kindly forgive me. I asked this as 10 months is i saving up by myself, but my aunt hasn't get back to me whehther can she sponsor me anot! So guys is not a waste. It was a great input for me as i really learn alot from you guys. Please don't be mad at me. I kindly seek your forgiveness.

Last edited:
from your skate photos...i look forward what you can produce 10 mth from now.

from your skate photos...i look forward what you can produce 10 mth from now.

are u coming from a sacastic point of saying or is that a challenge?? =)

even if it is a sacastic point, i will still take it as a challenge. I am willing to do my best to improve. And even if i don't buy the camera now, i still have my minolta to practise on is just that it is going to be expensive.

Guys!! You are all awesome ppl to help me! and i really wanna thnk you guys for all your hard work inputs and knowledge.

I hope we arent in a mis-understanding point of view.

Last edited:
did i sound sarcastic? apologies.

already with your friend borrowed camera can come out quite nice skate pics, i look forward what images you can produce when you have a camera of your very own.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
No sure if this is mentioned before, i will recommend SONY. reason being:

1. Super steady shot.
2. Since u have a minolta SLR, i assume u have minolta lens. these lens maybe compatible with Sony system.
3. A700, A5XX, falls within your budget nicely. with allowance for other accessories.

what i inferred was no matter what camera the TS will get 10 months down the road, still need to learn how to use. Thats probably one thing that will never change.

True. But you were responding to this thread, which is all about gear and budget. And in this context, your posts are not really connecting.

Guys i am sorry for not putting in the dateline, i really don't know that it really matters alot. Please kindly forgive me. I asked this as 10 months is i saving up by myself, but my aunt hasn't get back to me whehther can she sponsor me anot! So guys is not a waste. It was a great input for me as i really learn alot from you guys. Please don't be mad at me. I kindly seek your forgiveness.

Anyway, just to let you know, D90 just got a nice price drop, and people are expecting the replacement to come very soon. So be sure to watch closely and see. Knowing the buy/sell habits of singaporeans, you will see a slew of 2nd hand D90 coming out on the market (already started actually).

So your choice for D90 might not be valid in 10 months. It might not even be available in 10 months time. Give you an example. D300s started selling August last year and now, 9 months later, it is not easy to locate a D300 if you want one.

Anyway, just to let you know, D90 just got a nice price drop, and people are expecting the replacement to come very soon. So be sure to watch closely and see. Knowing the buy/sell habits of singaporeans, you will see a slew of 2nd hand D90 coming out on the market (already started actually).

So your choice for D90 might not be valid in 10 months. It might not even be available in 10 months time. Give you an example. D300s started selling August last year and now, 9 months later, it is not easy to locate a D300 if you want one.

Which is precisely why I chiong for the D90 now... I don't want to end up not finding one when the replacement model comes out...:bsmilie:

Initially, I wanted to wait until price hits 1k... but what the hell for? In the end all will be fighting for the few remaining stocks - demo set (non-0 SC) you'll also be happy, a bit of imperfection you'll also be happy, no 8 GB freebie you'll also be happy... - might as well get a used one right?

Which is precisely why I chiong for the D90 now... I don't want to end up not finding one when the replacement model comes out...:bsmilie:

Initially, I wanted to wait until price hits 1k... but what the hell for? In the end all will be fighting for the few remaining stocks - demo set (non-0 SC) you'll also be happy, a bit of imperfection you'll also be happy, no 8 GB freebie you'll also be happy... - might as well get a used one right?

Alright. My aunt is giving me the answer nxt week!! so hope to have great news!!