microcosm

Sep 17, 2006
AK00™;3068804 said:
I like #2 the most ! :thumbsup:
I like #2 best too...

:thumbsup: looking good! :thumbsup:
Thanks bro.

great colours.:)
Thanks. Trying out new processing techniques. Realised that processing techniques are so tied to the way we shoot. Will try out more new stuff and post them in here.

festard

Aug 14, 2005
singapore, serangoon
melicacy.com
i love #2 !

#3 would be great if its just the grunge side alone, the reddish side doesn't really compliment the whole grunge theme

imma big fan of grunge :thumbsup:

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
another vote for #2. well done. :cool:

microcosm

Sep 17, 2006
i love #2 !

#3 would be great if its just the grunge side alone, the reddish side doesn't really compliment the whole grunge theme

imma big fan of grunge :thumbsup:
Thanks for the feedback. Let me go tweak something again for the other shots. Cheers.

another vote for #2. well done. :cool:
Thanks once again bro.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
#2!

<3 <3 <3

I think can go even heavier on the grain, but that's probably me.

#3 is also good.

microcosm

Sep 17, 2006
#2!

<3 <3 <3

I think can go even heavier on the grain, but that's probably me.

#3 is also good.
Pui! Pui! Pui! ha ha ha...

Thanks bro.

The "grains" are the natural ones from the camera. I really don't like to artificially add more grains because they somewhat becomes unnatural. Photoshop is great, but it takes a lot of work to simulate real "grains"... hmmm... maybe I am just being lazy... but I do like the details that is left... but I will try lor... Might be printing out #2 and make it a large print at home.

allsmilez

Jul 11, 2006
Bukit Timah
Love #2. Care to share some PP tips? Especially the "ripped" effect like the area to the right of the number 2 in the pic.

microcosm

Sep 17, 2006
Love #2. Care to share some PP tips? Especially the "ripped" effect like the area to the right of the number 2 in the pic.
It is quite easy really... many masked layers (manipulating curves [Ctrl+M]) and playing with hues (Ctrl+U). Layered them together to get the final effect I wanted... as it was a fuel dump, I wanted the intense reds to come through, but not a wash.

The rippled effect was created by remote firing (chinese wireless slave triggers) 3 flash units lined up side by side, 1 metre apart, into the reflective foreground and adjusting the metering to fire at -3EV, so that when I push them up again in Photoshop, they will turn out as shadow details/patterns. It was part experimental, not knowing if it will worked when I rigged it up.

But with control PP, it turned out nicer than I thought. So part luck.

microcosm

Sep 17, 2006
Hello, brillant colours there. Feel like a scene from those old HK movies. Thanks for sharing.
Glad you enjoyed it.

allsmilez

Jul 11, 2006
Bukit Timah
It is quite easy really... many masked layers (manipulating curves [Ctrl+M]) and playing with hues (Ctrl+U). Layered them together to get the final effect I wanted... as it was a fuel dump, I wanted the intense reds to come through, but not a wash.

The rippled effect was created by remote firing (chinese wireless slave triggers) 3 flash units lined up side by side, 1 metre apart, into the reflective foreground and adjusting the metering to fire at -3EV, so that when I push them up again in Photoshop, they will turn out as shadow details/patterns. It was part experimental, not knowing if it will worked when I rigged it up.

But with control PP, it turned out nicer than I thought. So part luck.
Thanks for sharing!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.