Postered Pillar

I like #2 the most ! :thumbsup:

AK00™;3068804 said:
I like #2 the most ! :thumbsup:

I like #2 best too...

:thumbsup: looking good! :thumbsup:

Thanks bro.

great colours.:)

Thanks. Trying out new processing techniques. Realised that processing techniques are so tied to the way we shoot. Will try out more new stuff and post them in here.

i love #2 !

#3 would be great if its just the grunge side alone, the reddish side doesn't really compliment the whole grunge theme

imma big fan of grunge :thumbsup:

another vote for #2. well done. :cool:

i love #2 !

#3 would be great if its just the grunge side alone, the reddish side doesn't really compliment the whole grunge theme

imma big fan of grunge :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback. Let me go tweak something again for the other shots. Cheers.

another vote for #2. well done. :cool:

Thanks once again bro.

#2!

<3 <3 <3

I think can go even heavier on the grain, but that's probably me.

#3 is also good.

#2!

<3 <3 <3

I think can go even heavier on the grain, but that's probably me.

#3 is also good.

Pui! Pui! Pui! ha ha ha...

Thanks bro.

The "grains" are the natural ones from the camera. I really don't like to artificially add more grains because they somewhat becomes unnatural. Photoshop is great, but it takes a lot of work to simulate real "grains"... hmmm... maybe I am just being lazy... but I do like the details that is left... but I will try lor... Might be printing out #2 and make it a large print at home.

Love #2. Care to share some PP tips? Especially the "ripped" effect like the area to the right of the number 2 in the pic.

Love #2. Care to share some PP tips? Especially the "ripped" effect like the area to the right of the number 2 in the pic.

It is quite easy really... many masked layers (manipulating curves [Ctrl+M]) and playing with hues (Ctrl+U). Layered them together to get the final effect I wanted... as it was a fuel dump, I wanted the intense reds to come through, but not a wash.

The rippled effect was created by remote firing (chinese wireless slave triggers) 3 flash units lined up side by side, 1 metre apart, into the reflective foreground and adjusting the metering to fire at -3EV, so that when I push them up again in Photoshop, they will turn out as shadow details/patterns. It was part experimental, not knowing if it will worked when I rigged it up.

But with control PP, it turned out nicer than I thought. So part luck.

Hello, brillant colours there. Feel like a scene from those old HK movies. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed it.

It is quite easy really... many masked layers (manipulating curves [Ctrl+M]) and playing with hues (Ctrl+U). Layered them together to get the final effect I wanted... as it was a fuel dump, I wanted the intense reds to come through, but not a wash.

The rippled effect was created by remote firing (chinese wireless slave triggers) 3 flash units lined up side by side, 1 metre apart, into the reflective foreground and adjusting the metering to fire at -3EV, so that when I push them up again in Photoshop, they will turn out as shadow details/patterns. It was part experimental, not knowing if it will worked when I rigged it up.

But with control PP, it turned out nicer than I thought. So part luck.

Thanks for sharing!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.