Growing into Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetfeetjaded

Jan 9, 2009
sweetfeetjaded.deviantart.com
I went to botanical gardens a few days back and went to see what i could take. Apparently, I saw this nice looking tree and felt that something could be taken out of it.

I have made some editing to the picture to create a better contrast of the tree to the sky.

growingintodarkness.jpg

Model: NIKON D80
Shutter Speed: 10/6400 second
F Number: F/4.0
Focal Length: 31 mm
ISO Speed: 100

I would like feedback for the contrast, composition and the feel of the picture. I feel that i like this picture and it gives me sort of a dark feeling. Does it?

If more of the thin branches covered up the whole picture, it might make a nice pattern backgrd.

no sign of darkness for me.

this picture is more towards graphic than expression.

good idea and concept, but i think ur picture doesnt convey ur message well enough to me at least.
prehaps more Postprocess would be needed to draw the attention of the viewers to the branches and darkness u mention.

and the top part looks a bit empty.

no dark feeling,

your highlights are blown

i like the idea in this one, the elements are well arranged, but it can be better, by dialing down exposure, and suitable PP to bring out the mood, maybe with textures overlay, etc

hmm... i was actually quite happy with the pictures though. Now that i see it in another perspective i think it can be improved. But you gugys dont even feel a sense of darkness?

No Darkness.... dark feeling...No fear here... Not a bit of the RING.... Samsara feeling....

Somewhat Chinese Calligraphy maybe....

I'm guessing some vignetting added in pp may just do the trick.

Yes, I concur.

The concept just fell short. I did not get any relevance to the theme you are going for. Firstly, visually the photo is too bright. Unless its growing out of darkness, then its not appropriate from the start.

Perhaps you should add an overlay of texture , adding character and dark tones to the piece. I am not confident though that the concept will pull thru by doing so. Perhaps, crows perching on the branches will certainly add some kinda gothic feel to this.

Just my 2cents:)

hmm... i was actually quite happy with the pictures though. Now that i see it in another perspective i think it can be improved. But you gugys dont even feel a sense of darkness?

well, if you do, then best to keep it to yourself :bsmilie:

there's not much subject in the photo... and i don't feel darkness... :confused:

try going Mono

Was bored did sth like this. I dont really like the angle of the twigs... I would trash the pic, but just an idea for fun

water-1.jpg

Just a suggestion for instant 'Growing into Darkness'.:)
1. Invert pic
2. Rotate canvas 180

Status
Not open for further replies.