gretagmacbeth color checker

Status
Not open for further replies.
expodisc?:bsmilie:

dont talk in riddles lah.it's so aint you!;)

so i should take a shot of it just before i shoot the series.right?
but for every diff angle, diff lighting( in sun and in shade), i'll have to reshoot it again right?

man....this is kind of troublesome.but if i can get the colors SPOT ON, and post the pics in portraiture.i will smack the first person to say my skin tone is off, or color casted.:bsmilie:

so i must master this cardie thingy.:bsmilie:
Hey! I'm not the one talking in riddles.. It's the card! ;p

Well.. it's troublesome so normally sane people like me won't use it (I'm perfectly happy with Cloudy WB) unless you have some creative director coming at you that says this colour is wrong, that colour is wrong, then you have the shot of the card that says "Hey! I'm certified neutral! See?!" And using the dropper tool, pick on the grey portion and show that you got the R, G and B channels to be equal at 128, 128, 128 (according to Scaglietti).

It's just part of a calibration/verification workflow.

Better still, frame a bit more and include the card in the picture, but make sure it's subject to the same lighting. After the shot, use WB dropper and pick on the grey area of the card to do WB in software, then crop out your subject. Then you can really smack the person who comments your skin tone is off.

Hey! I'm not the one talking in riddles.. It's the card! ;p

Well.. it's troublesome so normally sane people like me won't use it (I'm perfectly happy with Cloudy WB) unless you have some creative director coming at you that says this colour is wrong, that colour is wrong, then you have the shot of the card that says "Hey! I'm certified neutral! See?!" And using the dropper tool, pick on the grey portion and show that you got the R, G and B channels to be equal at 128, 128, 128 (according to Scaglietti).

It's just part of a calibration/verification workflow.

Better still, frame a bit more and include the card in the picture, but make sure it's subject to the same lighting. After the shot, use WB dropper and pick on the grey area of the card to do WB in software, then crop out your subject. Then you can really smack the person who comments your skin tone is off.

:bsmilie:

ok.thanks mate:)

i've got news for everyone...there is no such thing as real or accurate colour for something like skintone...really...real is only as real as the person judging it unless you have the model standing next to the image in the same lighting...and smacking CDs is just a quick way to getting the sack in minimal time ;p

sorry for OT...:sweat:

i've got news for everyone...there is no such thing as real or accurate colour for something like skintone...really...real is only as real as the person judging it unless you have the model standing next to the image in the same lighting...and smacking CDs is just a quick way to getting the sack in minimal time ;p

But it's very informative OT. :)

i dont understd the last sentence.:cry:

sorry, CD = creative director :)

Status
Not open for further replies.