Greetings to all Seniors from new Pentax convert

ya ... later wait till no stock again . ha

Congrats to the new Pentaxians :)

only if u like the black colour model ;) white one dun have dual lens kit...

I like the coloured ones, but I'm going for the lenses more... but you just made my decision harder! :lovegrin:

Get the dual lens kit lah, but you sacrifice the white lor . . .

coloured single lens = buy now, enjoy now.

black dual lens = buy later, get better value.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

easy for me cos i already made my choice. no regrets so far. its a fascinating piece of equipment... i just gotta learn how to use it properly.

coloured single lens = buy now, enjoy now.

black dual lens = buy later, get better value.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

easy for me cos i already made my choice. no regrets so far. its a fascinating piece of equipment... i just gotta learn how to use it properly.

;) Glad you are enjoying your Kx! Haha I think I will wait for the dual lens cos i think i might need the range when I go off to europe later this year.

;) Glad you are enjoying your Kx! Haha I think I will wait for the dual lens cos i think i might need the range when I go off to europe later this year.

it crossed my mind too cos i'm planning a ski trip this year end as well... but thinking about it again, i may just bring my trusty PNS instead...

not like i can gonna lug a camera bag around in full ski gear :sweat:

Camera bag leave in the room. Bring along the K-x with a DA40mm pancake ..... LBA ..... LBA ..... LBA ....... :bsmilie:

Camera bag leave in the room. Bring along the K-x with a DA40mm pancake ..... LBA ..... LBA ..... LBA ....... :bsmilie:

these are 2 separate matter :bsmilie: of course i need to buy lens!

but that doesn't mean i have to bring it EVERYWHERE :sweatsm:

some situations are well served with a simple PNS... more compact, less heartache when dropped.

these are 2 separate matter :bsmilie: of course i need to buy lens!

but that doesn't mean i have to bring it EVERYWHERE :sweatsm:

some situations are well served with a simple PNS... more compact, less heartache when dropped.

Use DA 40mm F2.8 as a walkabout lens. Compact enough ;p

Use DA 40mm F2.8 as a walkabout lens. Compact enough ;p

haaa bro, asking you questiosn over 2 threads..... :p.......... saw you have the FA43..... thinking of pairing up with Kx.... but lean more towards K7..... but K7 + FA43 will be out of budget.... what's the next best combination for K7?? :dunno:

i can put my fuji F200exr in my pocket... when i ski... i can't do the same with my KX and i'm not skillful enough to ski with a dslr around my neck... :sweat:

I don't think you want to ski with a compact in your jacket? later crushed or cause injury to you? :dunno:

Bro felixcat, saw you selling your K20D in B&S gunning for K7? :think:

I don't think you want to ski with a compact in your jacket? later crushed or cause injury to you? :dunno:

Bro felixcat, saw you selling your K20D in B&S gunning for K7? :think:

i've done it before. can lah... its actually much safer than having a dslr round your neck ;p

it crossed my mind too cos i'm planning a ski trip this year end as well... but thinking about it again, i may just bring my trusty PNS instead...

not like i can gonna lug a camera bag around in full ski gear

Skiing + photography is great! Don't miss the chance to capture the wonderful snowy highland moments. Being Singaporeans, we really don't get that many times in our lives....

It's not as difficult as you'd think to carry some DSLR gear with you when you ski. Sling/shoulder bags are a definite no-no, but backpacks and beltpacks are not a problem for skiiers. They do not really restrict your movements when skiing, and you don't actually fall flat on your back so your stuff is pretty safe. If you're snowboarding, then backpacks may affect your balance a bit and you need to know how to compensate for it when you lean. Falling will also be more of an issue.

I've only gone on one ski trip after picking up photography, and I wasn't going to pass up the chance to bring my gear along. PNS is just not the same.... Went with a Lowepro Photorunner beltpack, containing K20D, DA*16-50, and a small videocam. Some pics to tempt you to bring your K-x along for your ski trip too....

485631442_CAwV8-L-1.jpg

732856325_givPr-L.jpg

732852376_Pxwqm-L.jpg

732853146_mHKDR-XL.jpg
732852148_KUyxt-XL.jpg

Skiing + photography is great! Don't miss the chance to capture the wonderful snowy highland moments. Being Singaporeans, we really don't get that many times in our lives....

It's not as difficult as you'd think to carry some DSLR gear with you when you ski. Sling/shoulder bags are a definite no-no, but backpacks and beltpacks are not a problem for skiiers. They do not really restrict your movements when skiing, and you don't actually fall flat on your back so your stuff is pretty safe. If you're snowboarding, then backpacks may affect your balance a bit and you need to know how to compensate for it when you lean. Falling will also be more of an issue.

I've only gone on one ski trip after picking up photography, and I wasn't going to pass up the chance to bring my gear along. PNS is just not the same.... Went with a Lowepro Photorunner beltpack, containing K20D, DA*16-50, and a small videocam. Some pics to tempt you to bring your K-x along for your ski trip too....

hahaha... ok ok... u have a point... i shall think about it but i really not sure if i'm skillful enough to balance a backpack / beltpack :sweatsm: during my last trip, i didn't carry anything.