Greetings to all Seniors from new Pentax convert

think I should wait also. btw where do you intend to get your camera?

I placed a reservation with them too. Hmm Manly also selling at same price. Orient Photo is like 6 bucks more. lol BUT ALL no stock. Did you put down your name with them to reserve a set too?

I called Manly and was diverted to Mr. Quek, nice fella. If he got stocks earlier, I dunno if I should just buy from him or stick with SLR Rev. Ethical issue I guess?

I placed a reservation with them too. Hmm Manly also selling at same price. Orient Photo is like 6 bucks more. lol BUT ALL no stock. Did you put down your name with them to reserve a set too?

I called Manly and was diverted to Mr. Quek, nice fella. If he got stocks earlier, I dunno if I should just buy from him or stick with SLR Rev. Ethical issue I guess?

ah... that one i can't comment... its up to u who to buy from ;p

no, i haven't placed reservation yet. probably next week... am crazy busy this week... :sweat:

I think it's just a waitlist unless what you placed is a special order for them to bring in stock for you. At the rate Kx is selling, the new stock come in will also be gone like hotcakes. I suspect jason or his staff would have told you the reservation/waitlist is non-obligatory. If price same, which side stock come in first I would just take & enjoy... hehe

I had good experience of customer service with Mr Quek. Long-short of it:
I went down wee bit late w/o prior call-in -> Manly closed already but Mr Quek still stand outside -> He re-opened shop for me just to buy my Tamrac bag...not even camera lor.

Otherwise indifferent to both SLR-R & Manly. Both competitive prices and good CS.

I think it's just a waitlist unless what you placed is a special order for them to bring in stock for you. At the rate Kx is selling, the new stock come in will also be gone like hotcakes. I suspect jason or his staff would have told you the reservation/waitlist is non-obligatory. If price same, which side stock come in first I would just take & enjoy... hehe

I had good experience of customer service with Mr Quek. Long-short of it:
I went down wee bit late w/o prior call-in -> Manly closed already but Mr Quek still stand outside -> He re-opened shop for me just to buy my Tamrac bag...not even camera lor.

Otherwise indifferent to both SLR-R & Manly. Both competitive prices and good CS.

Thanks for the heads-up Ken!

Not to advertise on Mr Quek, but he is very friendly.

I bought a lens with him and told him I'll be coming late. I came in 5min before he close. I tried the lens but it showed some problem. Then he called his men to help. Total 4 people tried the lense and still got problem. Change to another lens and still problem. In the end, I bought the lens after concluding the problem. At that time its already 8+pm. pity him.

If he know u well, u can just call him on any lense u interested and see if he can bring in for u. Tamron,sigma,pentax.

SLR Revo also not bad. Very frenly too. Lense price wise, SLR Revo is a bit cheaper but by a few bucks la.

Thanks for the insight on mr. Quek :D really service oriented! (Soon to be) coming from the hospitality industry, Singapore needs more people like him! Sounds like the right person to look for if intending to build relationships.

Not much chance for me though, flying off soon for a year.

My vote to Mr Quek too.
That time when I was just checking on K-X stock, haven't made decision to buy or not, asked him for the color availability he checked for me, told me got black, red & white & when I asked for blue telling him I'm not ready to purchase yet, he still checked for me even though I've no intention to buy yet. When I bought the white color one instead, he let me fiddle around with the cam with patience & has never been pushy or asked me to purchase sd card or filters (heard can make good margin out of it). At that time there was no DAL 50-200 stock and he was kind enuff to offer me the DA version with a small topup (very worth it!). Before that I've called SLR which they will charged alot higher for the DA ver.

hmmm... sounds like Manly got a lot of fans :)

sorry for the noob question but Manly seems to have 3 outlets? are they the same or is there a specific one that everyone is referring to? :embrass:

hmmm... sounds like Manly got a lot of fans :)

sorry for the noob question but Manly seems to have 3 outlets? are they the same or is there a specific one that everyone is referring to? :embrass:

Mr Quek is at Temple Street branch.
His brother is manning at Trengganu street, friendly too.
The Pagoda Street branch no idea never been there. :dunno:

The other Manly I think in Pagoda street got this one old man. Dunno who. I went in to check on the lense that I bought(at that time havent bought, so Quek told me can go there see2 only). I went in, and he quickly with a harsh voice said "YES! What u want?" kinda shock. lol. But when I said Mr Quek told me to check here. He kept quiet and walk away. I thought I got owe him money or what. XD

Anyways, if u coming late after 7pm, can call him and tell him. If he cannot wait, he will send that lense to another shop. I think in the pagoda street. Coz it closed at 9pm. His wife is handling there also.

Last edited:
The other Manly I think in Pagoda street got this one old man. Dunno who. I went in to check on the lense that I bought(at that time havent bought, so Quek told me can go there see2 only). I went in, and he quickly with a harsh voice said "YES! What u want?" kinda shock. lol. But when I said Mr Quek told me to check here. He kept quiet and walk away. I thought I got owe him money or what. XD

Anyways, if u coming late after 7pm, can call him and tell him. If he cannot wait, he will send that lense to another shop. I think in the pagoda street. Coz it closed at 9pm. His wife is handling there also.

:bsmilie: i guess the "service standard" of the 2 shops differs...

will definitely go and find Mr Quek!

hee... was browsing online pix of the KX yesterday night and started thinking about whether i should get the navy one... will have to sacrifice the fantastic value of the dual lens kit though :think:

;p couldn't stop thinking about the KX for the past few days...

so... as the saying goes, the cure for all temptations is... to give in to them! :bsmilie:

imag0182i.jpg

imag0186q.jpg

fresh out of the box! hahaha! think i'm not gonna sleep tonight! will be playing with my new toy till tomorrow morning! :bsmilie:

Haha congratz, welcome to the family :D

Wahh! :cry: Detritus now you make me damn gian to buy the White Kx!! :bsmilie: