[GRbenji #02] Macro @ Venus Drive on 15 Jan 2011 (Photo Sharing)

Kennie, Love the super sexy eyelashes of the JS.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers.
LEW

Many thanks to Bro Koh for organising this macro outing.
Thanks for giving me a lift hme too. :D
Had an enjoyable experience with other fellow macro kakis.

Sharing my humble shots for the day. C&C are always welcome.

5356459106_6223131b63_b.jpg

Wow! Nowaday standard is very high. Hope my humble shots still acceptable here.:sweat:

Bro Koh, love all your shots - sharp and clear.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sorry I had to leave early, doing my duty to the Queen, you know!!:sweat::sweat:
Will be posting my lousy shots later. Quite scare now by the high standards in this outing.
Cheers.
LEW

Yilin, wah, you are in the upper standards category now! I:heart:this shot.:thumbsup:
Cheers.
LEW

:) Had a fun time today although did not shoot much.

#2 I :heart: Jumping Spider
5356733348_5450482dfe_z.jpg

Thanks Bro GRbenji for the tour of Venus drive.
Some of my sub standard shots... still experimenting the new flash and diffuser.

Nicholas, Love your #03 Spider web & #04 Fly shot.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers.
LEW

Thanks Koh for organizing the macro shoot. My son Isaac and I had a great time, though the early drizzle had me worried for a while.
It was my first time using a tripod to shoot macro, and I must say while I took noticeable fewer shots, I had more keepers. I guess taking better shots is better than taking many only to din that they are out of focus. Unless you have the Ma-bu strength of bro Jacobs, its really isn't easy taking shots freehand.

Below are a few of the this mornings pictures that I want to share with everyone. I saw all the other shots earlier, really high standard! Very impressive! I personally didnt see some of the bugs. Maybe I was still behind setting up the tripod. LOL!

C and C welcome!

#1. Mating Ritual

#5 Chrysalis (Pupa in a nest)

Thanks for viewing, and see everyone soon in the upcoming shoots!

Adrian and Isaac

Adrain, you got very nice shots now with 3-legs, especially love the mating pair #01 and the crysalis #05.:thumbsup:

Cheers.
LEW

Many thanks to Bro Koh for organizing this outing. Many thanks also to Bro Victor for scouting for us all the spiddies. With the high standard of all buddies' exhibits, I feel "pai-seh" to post my humble shots. Please C&C mercilessly so that I can further improve on my macro photography.
Cheers.
LEW

#01 Jumping Spider
P1110123-re.jpg

#02 Jumping Spider
P1110127-re.jpg

#03 Jumping Spider
P1110148-re.jpg

#04 Two Tail Spider
P1110136-re.jpg

#05 Lichen Spider
P1110143-re.jpg

cont.............#06

#06 Lichen Spider
P1110167-re.jpg

#07 Mating Flies
P1110160-re.jpg

#08 Meal Time
P1110176-re.jpg

#09 Beetle
P1110180-re.jpg

#10 The Army
P1110174-re.jpg

Cheers.
LEW

Hi,here are my humble shot from this venus drive shots.Thank to bros koh for organizing this trip.

Bro Loh, good shots you got aah!:thumbsup:
What happended to you? After 100 meters into the forest, we lost contact with you.

Cheers.
LEW

Hi, lew oh I think I move inside and try to find wong,so you went back early to make report.
Anyway thank and post some le.

Lew, your shots are very good! The lighting is superb. Where got paiseh? We all learn and improve together.

I like your #2 best. The one with the JS and the prey. Always great to see a predator and prey shot in the wild.

See you next week!

Adrian

Last edited:
Jeffrey, Good shots, especially like #07 the frog & #08 JS.

Cheers.
LEW

Thanks lew! Bro Lew your shots are good. Where got paiseh? I like ur #2 and #8. Keep it up man.

Lew,
Good captures... Esp #8. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

No need paiseh...
Lets shoot more and improve more together!!! :D

#1 wasp still wet from the rain
5357715750_a884e5f1b7_z.jpg

#4 newly emerged wasp
5357716154_22c177b734_z.jpg

(Fatfish), your whole series is great! Your pictures are sharp and the lighting in general nice and diffused. All shot hand held some more. Sigh, make me shy only!:embrass:

No wonder you were so happy after the shoot, You have so many nice keepers! My favs are #1 and #4 . The wasps are really nice and sharp. The focal points very zhoon.

Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

Adrian

Last edited:
Hi Fatfish, I like this most but it would be better if adjust abit the explosure higher, it look under from my PC screen
Thanks bro for liking my work. exposure wise not too sure about it, and my screen shows okay leh. my screen settings are factory presets.

#1 wasp still wet from the rain

#4 newly emerged wasp

(Fatfish), your whole series is great! Your pictures are sharp and the lighting in general nice and diffused. All shot hand held some more. Sigh, make me shy only!:embrass:

No wonder you were so happy after the shoot, You have so many nice keepers! My favs are #1 and #4 . The wasps are really nice and sharp. The focal points very zhoon.

Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

Adrian

yo bro thanks for liking my work.
yeah the trip was really fruitful for that morning. thanks to bro koh for organising such a trip.

your work also quite good leh. its always like that when using tripod.
could be quite a handful to set up. not sure if this will trigger your BBB virus.
you could try a monopod instead. its cheaper too and more handy.

Last edited:
yo bro thanks for liking my work.
yeah the trip was really fruitful for that morning. thanks to bro koh for organising such a trip.

your work also quite good leh. its always like that when using tripod.
could be quite a handful to set up. not sure if this will trigger your BBB virus.
you could try a monopod instead. its cheaper too and more handy.[/QUOTE]

Hi Gerald,

Just wondering BBB = Buy Buy Buy?

tripod is a lot more work when to set up for the picture, but once you get the subject on the live view, it becomes much easier.
Your technique of fixing it at 1:1 is very good, but still need good hands and long breath.
Sigh, maybe need more practice.
With the tripod, even my son enjoyed the shoot, as it took a lot of weight off his arms.

Am looking at some other macro friendly tripods. HAHAHA.

Sigh, this really is like a weapon race! :) Each shoot introduces new things.

Oh ya, the kenko you recommended is really quite good. Maybe next shoot, might add one one more layer! :)

Just wondering BBB = Buy Buy Buy?

Am looking at some other macro friendly tripods. HAHAHA.

Sigh, this really is like a weapon race! :) Each shoot introduces new things.

Oh ya, the kenko you recommended is really quite good. Maybe next shoot, might add one one more layer! :)

Will organise next outing to Funan/Penisular then....for weapon acquistion.....:bsmilie:

Lew, your shots are very good! The lighting is superb. Where got paiseh? We all learn and improve together.

I like your #2 best. The one with the JS and the prey. Always great to see a predator and prey shot in the wild.

See you next week!

Adrian

Thanks Adrain, see you on Sat.
Cheers.
LEW

Thanks lew! Bro Lew your shots are good. Where got paiseh? I like ur #2 and #8. Keep it up man.

Thanks Jeffrey.
Cheers.
LEW

Lew,
Good captures... Esp #8. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

No need paiseh...
Lets shoot more and improve more together!!! :D

Thanks kennie.
Cheers.
LEW

Hi to all,
here are my humble shot from this morning's Venus Drive shoot.
Thanks to Koh for organising this trip.

#2 not really macro but feel that this shot is nice.
5357715916_fcd3c2cb75_z.jpg

Hi Fatfish, love all your shots.:thumbsup:
I wonder if you crop the fly closer with some mushroom would it be nicer?

Cheers.
LEW